Maximum Dimensions for a GPU in a case?

Marin

Hi, I've got a PCS Cyclone gaming case and I was just doing some pre-planning for a potential upgrade for GPU (among other things). My current GPU is a Zotac GTX 1080. I was just wondering if I could fit a Geforce 20 or 30 series GPU into the case without it being too big. My current GPU is 300mm x 148mm but I know different cards can have different dimensions and I want to make sure I get the right one. Thanks in advance.

1_big.png

steaky360

The 30xx cards will probably fit in assuming your dimensions are correct (for example the Founders 3080 is reportedly 285mm x 112mm) - but to be sure you'd need to consider what card you're looking to get and compare its dimensions as non founders cards WILL be different sizes.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi, I've got a PCS Cyclone gaming case and I was just doing some pre-planning for a potential upgrade for GPU (among other things). My current GPU is a Zotac GTX 1080. I was just wondering if I could fit a Geforce 20 or 30 series GPU into the case without it being too big. My current GPU is 300mm x 148mm but I know different cards can have different dimensions and I want to make sure I get the right one. Thanks in advance.

1_big.png
Don’t forget, the primary factor in a GPU upgrade aside from physical size is if the PSU has enough headroom.

Marin

Don’t forget, the primary factor in a GPU upgrade aside from physical size is if the PSU has enough headroom.
I've got a Corsair VS450, and I think I've got a lot of leeway for an ATX type PSU for about 850W, maybe more if I wanted. Power consumption I think was 433W so I will definitely need to upgrade PSU if I'm going to upgrade GPU.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've got a Corsair VS450, and I think I've got a lot of leeway for an ATX type PSU for about 850W, maybe more if I wanted. Power consumption I think was 433W so I will definitely need to upgrade PSU if I'm going to upgrade GPU.
Yes, you’d need 850w as a long term investment and preferably a RMx model, but TXm as an absolute minimum.