Metro 2033+last light redux....

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Is this for PC as well? I thought it was only for consoles which would make sense as they would just be HD versions of the game.

Anyone else think an open world game set in 2033 Moscow would be wicked?

Tom DWC

Well considering Last Light looks phenomenal on PC as is (probably the best looking game there is right now?) I wouldn't consider getting it. It makes more sense for 2033 or anyone who doesn't have the games yet, or console gamers.

A Metro RPG would be epic - would probably have a Fallout 3 feel to it.

T

TheGeeza

I bought them. Wasn't really worth it to be honest but hey they look better :)

GeorgeHillier

Prolific Poster
Well they're definitely working on something else metro related as it said on their site they're working on unannounced games in the metro universe, what ever it is It'll hopefully be great. Although the idea of a Metro RPG sounds cool. Would probably be like fallout but more modern and with better graphics. Although I'm not sure how much of an open world you can achieve when limited to the metro system... :/

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Well I was thinking more like DayZ. Players could control a station and have to defend it from another station that is attacking. Like the game, there would be many access points to each station including coming from the surface making it difficult to defend.

It would be limited with the current map, but I think some expansions are possible, perhaps some extra tunnels, slightly wider tunnels and make above ground more accessible and less limited. Make the buildings above ground completely open including some tower blocks some of which would include 'safe' houses where they can breath etc.

I dunno, I seem to get a lot of ideas for games XD

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Just read more about what the redux is and it seems like for Metro 2033 its not such a bad deal. A lot of improvements on it: It uses the Last Light engine, it has major AI improvements, it has some new game modes including ranger mode, weapon customization and a few other things. Whereas Last Light doesn't really have much in the way of improvements.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
metro 2033 with last lights engine would be unbelievable.

I might try and pick them up in the summer sale or something.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Yeh thats what I was thinking, although for people who already have the games, now is probably the cheapest time for a while yet as they are 50% off for anyone who has the previous games.

I think it would look great too, the newer engine certainly performs better, hopefully an updated version of the Last light engine is also included with performance optimizations as even the Last Light engine could use some performance improvements.

EDIT: Both also include Linux compatibility! Which isn't in current 2033 and was a later update for Last Light.

Last edited:

Boozad

Prolific Poster
I played an hour or so of 2033 and hated it. Still haven't got round to playing Last Light yet.