Microsoft bought Bethesda!

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I’m shocked by this, never saw it coming!

It’s a massive coup for them! I must admit I think Bethesda’s own titles over the past few years have been a bit subpar but they’ve got Arkane and id as part of it! Imagine the next Doom, Dishonored and Elder Scrolls being Xbox exclusives 🤯

D

Deleted member 41971

it will be interesting to see what direction Microsoft will have on the titles and also the studio considering fallout 76 took a hammering from players regarding the gaming experience. It would also be interesting to see if this will effect the market competition and if this is a sign of more deals being done by companies for gaming publishers, would hate to see gaming studios being owned by a few companies.

bethesda's official statement

D

Deleted member 41971

The Fallout series is my favourite series (Fallout 2 and New Vegas are among my absolute favourite games!), so I'm interested to see how this develops. Part of me hopes that Todd "It Just Works" Howard is moved on! :LOL:

The first game I played was fallout 3 on xbox 360, great game and it felt revolutionary at the time

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
it will be interesting to see what direction Microsoft will have on the titles and also the studio considering fallout 76 took a hammering from players regarding the gaming experience. It would also be interesting to see if this will effect the market competition and if this is a sign of more deals being done by companies for gaming publishers, would hate to see gaming studios being owned by a few companies.

bethesda's official statement

Agreed. Platinum and From are two of my favourite developers and I respect that whilst they’ve made the rights to some games exclusive, they’ve retained their independent status.

But if there’s one thing Microsoft badly need, it’s exclusives.

I’m sure there’ll be some provisos in place regarding certain titles and their exclusivity but it’s certainly going to be interesting to see how it plays out...

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
love to see fallout 3 and new Vegas remastered for pc and xbox x (y)

Great shout! They need to get a new graphics engine up and running, though. The Gamebryo and Creation ones have had their day and their facial animations are laughable. I hope/wonder if that’s the reason Elder Scrolls 6 isn’t due for at least a couple of years 🤔

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Great shout! They need to get a new graphics engine up and running, though. The Gamebryo and Creation ones have had their day and their facial animations are laughable. I hope/wonder if that’s the reason Elder Scrolls 6 isn’t due for at least a couple of years 🤔
I'd like to think that's what the hold up is with Elder Scrolls 6, but then this is Bethesda...

D

Deleted member 41971

I wonder if the likes of apple are thinking of branching out into serious gaming, experts estimate they are worth 2 trillion and would fill a hole with there mac os systems in an ever growing gaming market. It also makes me wonder if take two/rockstar are on any radars considering the next gta is rumored to be released in 2/3 yrs time.

edited this with interesting comments regarding availability of bethesda's games on platforms

Last edited by a moderator: