Mid range gaming pc to run Elden Ring,

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Between the CoolerMaster Hyper 212 (120mm) Fan CPU Cooler Black Edition & PCS FrostFlow 120 Series RGB High Performance Liquid Cooler (AMD).

Why do you rate the coolermaster above the frostflow? Does the liquid not provide better cooling?
I think it's because the Hyper 212 is tried and tested. Tonnes of reviews so there's a level of reassurance whereas we don't really have the data on Frostflows

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Between the CoolerMaster Hyper 212 (120mm) Fan CPU Cooler Black Edition & PCS FrostFlow 120 Series RGB High Performance Liquid Cooler (AMD).

Why do you rate the coolermaster above the frostflow? Does the liquid not provide better cooling?
Liquid cooling is not necessarily better than air cooling. It depends on the pump, the fan, and the radiator. And what does "better" mean? It could be low temperatures or quiet operation, or perhaps other things.

Liquid cooling has downsides. It has more points of failure, so it's often less reliable. Leaks, while unusual and often unproblematic, are more of a problem than on an air cooler. And they can be noisier, especially at the budget end. In fact, all these problems are worse at the budget end, which the Frost Flow certainly is.

Finally, the 120mm radiator is pretty pitiful these days: 240mm is really the minimum you'd want for most chips. The 5600X is a pretty low-power chip so you would probably be ok, but it wouldn't be the choice I'd make..

The Hyper 212 is not the greatest cooler in the world, but it's very solid, quite quiet and reliable. It's what I'd suggest for your build too.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Not necessarily related to the spec, but what Anti-Virus do you use/recommend?
Windows Defender. It’s all you need. BullGuard is rubbish and causes no end of problems. I had Norton on an old PC and it was horrifically unstable. Avast own AVG and they’ve been selling off data on user browsing habits for years.

In short, the paid solutions are much worse than the one you get included with your Windows license. As long as you’re not clicking dodgy links and choose to browse safely, Defender has your back 👍