mini case and usb3

j99

Hi,

I'm considering a new 2nd gen intel chip mini pc, and see your DH67CF mini-itx motherboard also offers USB3. But, when configuring other options I see that the default USB option is only 8xUSB2. Is that because you forgot to update the order form, or that you dont expose the usb3 externally. If it is usb 3 is that on the back and/or front of the case ?

Do the new 2nd gen chips (i5-2500) consumer as much power as the older i5-550 ? (ie does it put more strain on the fans) - I'm more interested in less noise than power consumption to be honest.

And finally a more idiotic question - am I right to assume the case can sit flat rather than standing up as per the pictures ?

Thanks
J

j99

and does the graphics card...

hi again

Would the default intel GMA HD graphics drive a monitor at 1920x1080 @ 32bits quality -I dont need this pc for games. ? What combination of DVI / VGA / HDMI sockets are provided ?

I only ask as my work laptop causes problems when I try this at home :)

Meds

Hey,

1. The Motherboard does infact come with 2 x USB 3.0 Ports. These will be accessible along side all of the other back panel connections.

2. On our 2nd Gen Mini PCs, we stock the "S" models - 2400S for example. These are the low-powered models, there for I'd expect a lower power draw than the older i3/i5 CPUs. It shouldn't affect the noise levels from the fans at all.

3. The Mini PC can be used both flat & stood up - which ever suits you best.

4. Yes, the Intel HD Graphics will run a full HD monitor with ease. It will come with 1 x DVI & 1 x HDMI connections.