Mini PC config advice needed

d4005

Bronze Level Poster
1. I've read here about a silent/fanless version of the Mini PC, what do I have to do to get that? Is there a max processor speed allowed?

2. Do any of the graphics cards available in the mini pc offer dual monitor output ?

3. Is there any way I can get an i7-2600K-3.4GHz processor rather than an i7-2600S-2.8Ghz ?

4. Is there an on-board WiFi possibility rather than a lame USB adapter ?

5. It's my intent to use an existing fast SSD I already own in my new Mini PC, but I was thinking I'd order it with a 2TB HD. When it arrives, I'd clone the 2TB via USB to my SSD and then swap it in and put the 2TB drive into a USB3 enclosure. If I were to get a fanless (with an i7 if it's possible) would that config work? Presumably with a regular HD you usually want to put fans in.

6. Is it possible to overclock the i7-2600S to 3.4GHz? Would it then match the performance of an i7-2600K ?

7. Will you deliver to Germany ? It's not a showstopper for me, I could get it first delivered to family in UK and then have them ship it over to me in Germany, but it's slow and costly. Ideally I'd like it delivered straight here if possible.

Meds

Hope the answers below help!

1) In order to get the fanless case, you have to order a Intel Atom based PC, here. If you are looking for an Intel Core i3/i5 Mini PC then you do not have the choice of a fanless case.

2) Yes, the nVidia GT210, GT430 & HD5450 all support dual monitor output. Nine times out of ten they will have 1 x VGA, 1 x DVI, 1 x HDMI outputs.

3) No, the Intel DH67CF Motherboard only supports the energy efficient CPUs - "S series" e.g 2400S.

4) Unfortunately, the Intel Motherboards do not come with onboard Wi-Fi so you'll have to opt for the USB Adapter. However, the AMD Mini PCs do come with onboard Wi-Fi - see here.

5) It doesn't make a difference which HDD or SSD you chose, if you opt for an Intel Core i3/i5 PC then the PC will have fans.

6) No, overclocking is not available with mini pcs. The "S Series" are not designed to be overclocked and the cooling would not be sufficient.

7) Yes, we can deliver to Germany. However, the collect & return part of the warranty only covers the UK.