Minor Question Regarding Power Cord

Mr.E

Hi all,

I was wondering if someone could tell me how long the power cable is that PCS sends with desktop computers. I'm not entirely sure they're called "power cables" but I'm talking about the one that goes from the wall/surge protector to the power supply on the case. I am trying to figure out where I can put my case relative to where my surge protector reaches and it turns out I really need to know how long the cable is. If it's too short, I'll need to buy a new one before my PC arrives.

Thanks in advance.

-E

Mr.E

Yep, that's what I wanted to find out. Thanks!
+1 for this because I was losing hope that anyone was going to respond!

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Well most people will have their power cable in some sort of tangle with the speakers, usb cables and printers etc. When i got my pc i decided to leave the tangle alone and just use my old power cable :) So my PCS cable is still in the box and i had a tape measure right next to my monitor.

Thanks for the rep, glad i could help.

Mr.E

Ah, makes perfect sense.

No problem :) The information you gave me made it so that I could prepare a very nice spot for my case--I'm expecting it next week!

StuartB

Ah, makes perfect sense.

No problem :) The information you gave me made it so that I could prepare a very nice spot for my case--I'm expecting it next week!
You can get longer ones ...dunno where I got them but I've def got one that I use for my Photo Lights. I also have a couple of extensions .