Mixing monitors

I am looking to buy a new monitor which will be 27", 1440, 140+hz etc... This will be my main, central monitor, paired with an RTX-3070Ti GPU.
I also have 2 old Dell 24" 60hz monitors - I would like to place these either side of the new monitor in portrait mode.

My question is, does having mixed refresh rates and resolutions work with the GPU and would the old Dell's have an adverse effect on the PC performance (i.e., would they drag the rest of the system down in some way)?

I would only use the central monitor for gaming, the other two would be for document viewing only.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I am looking to buy a new monitor which will be 27", 1440, 140+hz etc... This will be my main, central monitor, paired with an RTX-3070Ti GPU.
I also have 2 old Dell 24" 60hz monitors - I would like to place these either side of the new monitor in portrait mode.

My question is, does having mixed refresh rates and resolutions work with the GPU and would the old Dell's have an adverse effect on the PC performance (i.e., would they drag the rest of the system down in some way)?

I would only use the central monitor for gaming, the other two would be for document viewing only.
Nah doesn't cause any problems I know mate, currently have three monitors on my build one 1440p 144Hz and 2No. 1080p 60Hz monitors

Dan.C

Bronze Level Poster
The only issue you might have is the connections from the monitor to the GPU. I think most 3070's have 1 HDMI and 3 Display Ports, if your monitors are old enough they may not have display port as an option. An adapter should work but they can have problems sometimes, they are usually cheap though so not a big outlay to try it.

The only issue you might have is the connections from the monitor to the GPU. I think most 3070's have 1 HDMI and 3 Display Ports, if your monitors are old enough they may not have display port as an option. An adapter should work but they can have problems sometimes, they are usually cheap though so not a big outlay to try it.
Good point - I've checked and they both have display ports so I should be safe.