Mobo

waydal242

Ok I ordered the ASUS® P6X58D PREMIUM with my pc,
It said when buying that it supported 6gbs but some friends says it only supports 3gbs?

waydal242

When picking the product from your site by clicking ino, this is what it told me

Chipset Intel X58

RAM Slots 6 x DIMM, Max. 24 GB, DDR3 2000(O.C.)*/1600/1333/1066 Non-ECC,Un-buffered Memory

Expansion Slots 3 x PCIe 2.0 x16

1 x PCIe x1

2 x PCI

SATA Ports 6 xSATA 3.0 Gb/s ports

USB Ports 8 x USB 2.0 (4 ports at midboard; 4 ports at back panel)

2 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports (at back panel)

Networking Dual Gigabit LAN controllers

Audio Realtek® ALC889 8-Channel High Definition Audio

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
Hmm, they should edit that, I'll tell them to look into it, but I 100% guarantee you this board has 6GB/s ports, 2 of them. All the P6X58 series boards we sell feature this now, it is always 2 ports running off a separate controller.

waydal242

Aha no problem mate, just had a minor heart attack ;D
Also Im assuming the ports will be marked so i can tell the 6 from the 3?
Im new to this :p

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
No worries :) There's no harm in being certain!

They are indeed marked... sort of. The 6 SATA 3GB/s ports are side mounted on the edge of the motherboard. The 2 SATA 6GB/s ports are located at the bottom facing upwards.

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
If they are 6GB/s drives they will be connected to those, if only one is 6GB/s one will be connected to the 6GB/s ports and another to the 3GB/s ports.

HMFC_Riley

Enthusiast
Hmm, they should edit that, I'll tell them to look into it, but I 100% guarantee you this board has 6GB/s ports, 2 of them. All the P6X58 series boards we sell feature this now, it is always 2 ports running off a separate controller.

The P6X58-E states they're 6 x 3GB/s as well :)

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
This information has been corrected, thanks for informing us of this :)