Modem for my Deco M9+ mesh?

chrbuc805

Hi,
Not sure if this is the right forum for this, hopefully is.

I've got a TP-link M9 Plus Mesh FTTP setup and was originally using it in router mode but kept getting Double NAT on my xbox.

I contacted my ISP and they've told me that the router they supply does not support bridge mode. So I am having to use the M9+ in Access point mode instead.
The router is a ZTE ZXHN H298A which I understand is pretty old and not very good. Good luck finding much info on it.

Seems a waste running the Deco M9+ in AP mode as it's a decent bit of kit and I lose functionality in AP mode.

I'm wondering if I would be best replacing the ISP router with a modem only?

or whether I should get a better quality router?

any advice?

Thanks
Chris

D

Deleted member 103489

Hi what isp are you with if you don't mind me asking?

I would really see about getting better router that supports bridge ap imo, have you thought
about getting wifi 6 router as you are with FTTP.

This would also benefit you better with the TP-link M9 Plus Mesh kit.

chrbuc805

Hi what isp are you with if you don't mind me asking?

I would really see about getting better router that supports bridge ap imo, have you thought
about getting wifi 6 router as you are with FTTP.

This would also benefit you better with the TP-link M9 Plus Mesh kit.
ISP is See the light. its a new build house and they are one of a small selection of providers. To be fair they have been very supportive and the speeds are great, the WiFi from the router was shocking and I got a d3cent deal on the deco mesh through work.

looked at wifi6 routers but looking at £300+ Whereas I could get a vigor 130 modem for 80. Not sure what the benefit the wifi6 router In AP would offer except future proofing?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
ISP is See the light. its a new build house and they are one of a small selection of providers. To be fair they have been very supportive and the speeds are great, the WiFi from the router was shocking and I got a d3cent deal on the deco mesh through work.

looked at wifi6 routers but looking at £300+ Whereas I could get a vigor 130 modem for 80. Not sure what the benefit the wifi6 router In AP would offer except future proofing?
I wouldn't bother with a wireless router these days, they're old technology and modem + mesh is the way to go.