Modern Warfare 3 & Assassin's Creed Revelations : Matchmaking

glazboy

Hello,

I'm having some problems.

At MW 3 (MP) it goes like this: the game searches you a lobby, the percent that tells you the amount of lobbies that he found goes from 0 to 100 i like 5 or 10 seconds or so, and you probably have a game in no time. This is what happens with me: He searches lobbies and the percent goes from 0 to 100 in 5 minutes (what is extremely long) he does that for like for an half an hour. But when i get into the lobby or game I get problems like Unable to connect to host or server time out, steam servers out. All that stuff, so when i finally can play it takes ages. When I'm in game I have no lag i can play with no troubles, but when i get out of the lobby by myself or by the game, i need to do the hole process again.

With ACR (MP) : It is very simple, when I hit search match in like 5 seconds when he wants to search my game freezes, i need to close the game by going to task management and he does that every time.

To clear somethings out my ports are all open. MW3 did i test on a friends computer at my home, so the network is fine. At that computer i can play in 10 seconds so ports are okay. ACR i didn't test on an other pc but i think the problems are related.

Does someone have any clue what is wrong, how i can fix it or what i should do? I would highly appreciate it.

Tanks already

Last edited:

glazboy

Wireless, but its not really the internet connection, because like i said, i tested the internet on an other computer and it worked like it should be, i used the same router, the same modem. So those aren't a problem. I should be my computer, i suppose.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
you have your antennas screwed in? try and rotate them, believe it or not this works! i had terrible internet and i turned one pointing down and one to the side and now i can say my internet is up to 7-8x better, was getting only 200kb/s and that was nowhere near constant and now im getting 1.5mb/s

glazboy

nice tip for boosting my internet. But like i said already, this won't help me. I tested with another computer, I didn't change the antennas or the place. And that computer did it fine.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
no your antennas will increase ping as well

just start a download on somewhere that will try to max your internet speeds (a free game on steam would be ideal) then start moving your antennas, you will need to wait a few moments as it will drop in speeds when you first move it and increase again

trust me, i couldnt play bf3 online before i did this now i can do it lag free

glazboy

i can also play modern warfare lag free, if i'm getting in to that game.
Trust me, you tip is useful put not helping ;)

glazboy

Nat is open, router D-Link DIR-815. But i'm telling you, the settings of my router are okay. I tested it on an other computer, the game works fine on that one, but not at main.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
ok so, go onto your router and try and find the Question of Service page (may be listed as QoS) activate this with automatic uplink speed

now try

Next step, try uPnP, turn it on and then try

now try activating DMZ and make sure it is set to your computer

about all i can think of for now other than looking in the game settings itself and seeing if anything may be affecting it

make sure your steam server is set to either London or Manchester depending on where you are

glazboy

uPnP is already on
DMZ is also on
Conclusion : the router is not the problem

I'll look for the server location

Edit: Server is correctly located

NilSatis

Bright Spark
Maybe check firewall and anti virus software for something that may be slowing these two games accessing the internet during the server matchmaking function. Try to disable antivirus while you connect or make sure there are the correct exclusions for the games under your firewall. If you can access the internet normally and can do a speedtest to determine that the isp is working correctly then there is something blocking the connection temporarily your end. Does anyone else use the network in your house? Check what they are doing if they do! :)

glazboy

well, i do have a serious anti virus. but i did turn them off to try if it helped. Didn't help, they are in the white list so thats fine.
My speedtest are at the correct rate, so that fine too. There are no one else on my network, or it is just for checking mail, so no big deal.

Tracker

Enthusiast
Try turning your DMZ off, and disable any port forwarding.

back in my old xbox days i discovered that DMZ and port forwarding both interfere something awful with UPnP and if the router is capable of doing UPnP properly, you shouldn't need either DMZ or port forwarding.

in particular, a DMZ will cause issues with any computer not specified as within it, which may explain why one computer works and another doesn't, one computer working doesn't dismiss it as a Computer issue automatically. Also i'm sure you've already checked this, but have you tried temporarily disabling firewalls to make sure that's not causing issues?

glazboy

because i had this problem i started to open ports, Dmz, firewalls and anti-virus off: didn't help.