Modern Warfare 3 review bombing

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So it's out, and reviews are coming in thick and fast, it's not looking good

For some perspective on this, apparently it was initially supposed to be a DLC for Modern Warfare 2, but then the publisher decided it would be a full new game, but devs were given half the time to get it completed than for a normal game, and told they'd have to work evenings and weekends.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
The fact you have to have MW2 installed to play it is kind of a massive give away. Was made in less than a year too which doesn't bode well

The series really has gone to the dogs, COD4 was as close to perfection a shooter ever got for me and since then it's been a steep down hill sprint for the COD series

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
The fact you have to have MW2 installed to play it is kind of a massive give away. Was made in less than a year too which doesn't bode well

The series really has gone to the dogs, COD4 was as close to perfection a shooter ever got for me and since then it's been a steep down hill sprint for the COD series
Personally, I preferred the original MW2 to COD4, but those two games were probably COD at their very best. The first Black Ops game, as the one that came out between COD4:MW & MW2, was also pretty good. The series has definitely gone downhill since then though!

I've started using OpenCritic more than Metacritic and it's really quite telling when it comes to the MW3 remake:

Capture.JPG

The critic average is not good, but a 5% recommend value is shocking. I have heard that the multiplayer is very good, but as someone who prefers single player, MW3 has absolutely nothing for me if the campaign is this bad!

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
Personally, I preferred the original MW2 to COD4, but those two games were probably COD at their very best. The first Black Ops game, as the one that came out between COD4:MW & MW2, was also pretty good. The series has definitely gone downhill since then though!

I've started using OpenCritic more than Metacritic and it's really quite telling when it comes to the MW3 remake:

View attachment 39286

The critic average is not good, but a 5% recommend value is shocking. I have heard that the multiplayer is very good, but as someone who prefers single player, MW3 has absolutely nothing for me if the campaign is this bad!

critics recommend 5%

could be worse :sneaky: