Monitor advice

carrot_monkey

Bronze Level Poster
cool thanks chaps.

I think i ll go for the 32" Samsung Odyssey for now but the G55 I think at 144 Hz and priced more reasonably (for me) and not the G7. I have ambitions to get a G9 in the future, I think they look stellar, but after we finish some work in the house. For now I think the 32" will be more "nimble" to move our my place as the works go...

Also the G55 and the G9 together... it will feel like the bridge of the enterprise if I ever go down that road.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
cool thanks chaps.

I think i ll go for the 32" Samsung Odyssey for now but the G55 I think at 144 Hz and priced more reasonably (for me) and not the G7. I have ambitions to get a G9 in the future, I think they look stellar, but after we finish some work in the house. For now I think the 32" will be more "nimble" to move our my place as the works go...

Also the G55 and the G9 together... it will feel like the bridge of the enterprise if I ever go down that road.
I wouldn’t go for the odyssey, you’re paying for the 240hz, but won’t ever be using it?

You could get a far superior panel with better colours and blacks and 144hz for less money

carrot_monkey

Bronze Level Poster
Hey there yes I took that into account, 240 Hz is a bit much.

The G55 is at 144Hz I think as it is the smaller sibling of the G7. But same size and resolution as the G7.

Price seems to be closer to what was thinking to spent on a monitor as well! Still not cheap but not as expensive as the G7. Almost half!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hey there yes I took that into account, 240 Hz is a bit much.

The G55 is at 144Hz I think as it is the smaller sibling of the G7. But same size and resolution as the G7.

Price seems to be closer to what was thinking to spent on a monitor as well! Still not cheap but not as expensive as the G7. Almost half!
The G5 is a standard 1440p 144Hz but has no HDR. At the budget, I'd really want HDR it's basically such a huge benefit and should be a go to requirement for new monitors IMHO.

This one isn't too much more than the 32" but has full HDR10 support and everything else the G5 has, this is a much better investment imho:

carrot_monkey

Bronze Level Poster
I hear ya I hear ya. My issue with HDR is that I keep on seeing that "it's not there yet" with this or that monitor, or games don't support it yet as much, so to me it felt that it's not something to focus thaaat much right now with the current monitor selection. More like something that is advertised as supported but when everything is plugged in it is still rough around the edges. I know not so scientific my last statement.

I think I was looking at the one you are proposing as well but the 32" variant actually which come to be inferior to the 27" in rtings and the ninja site. Decisions decisions!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I hear ya I hear ya. My issue with HDR is that I keep on seeing that "it's not there yet" with this or that monitor, or games don't support it yet as much, so to me it felt that it's not something to focus thaaat much right now with the current monitor selection. More like something that is advertised as supported but when everything is plugged in it is still rough around the edges. I know not so scientific my last statement.

I think I was looking at the one you are proposing as well but the 32" variant actually which come to be inferior to the 27" in rtings and the ninja site. Decisions decisions!
There isn't a 32" variant of that monitor. They do do a 32" monitor, but it's a different model, much cheaper panel and doesn't include HDR.

carrot_monkey

Bronze Level Poster
I was thinking about these two to be honest, I thought they were close enough to be considered variants of each other.

I think I am good on the monitor front at this mo. Just need my 3070 to plug it into now...

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I was thinking about these two to be honest, I thought they were close enough to be considered variants of each other.

I think I am good on the monitor front at this mo. Just need my 3070 to plug it into now...
The AQ model is the premium tier, IPS panel and Full HDR10, it's the top tier.

The VQ is more of a budget range with VA panel and no HDR support.

carrot_monkey

Bronze Level Poster
Ahh I see I see.

Cool thanks that is a fair differentiating factor.

I have been looking at monitors at 32" for now.

Cheers!