Monitor advice

CMP01

Enthusiast
Love my G5, its my fist curved monitor

Looks good, might be an option tbh.

Just a couple quibbles I need to look at. One is that it's reported to have some buggy issues. Another is no onboard speakers. I will need some but don't require the best speakers as I'm half deaf (nothing on right side) but no aid can fix it well (tried some but just couldn't get used to them as well as I've grown used to being half deaf since a young age) so this means I have to choose well for speakers/headsets etc or miss a lot.

Other than that, it's one of the 1440UW monitors I've liked more tbh. It's a toss up between this and the Gigabyte G34WQC tbh.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Looks good, might be an option tbh.

Just a couple quibbles I need to look at. One is that it's reported to have some buggy issues. Another is no onboard speakers. I will need some but don't require the best speakers as I'm half deaf (nothing on right side) but no aid can fix it well (tried some but just couldn't get used to them as well as I've grown used to being half deaf since a young age) so this means I have to choose well for speakers/headsets etc or miss a lot.

Other than that, it's one of the 1440UW monitors I've liked more tbh. It's a toss up between this and the Gigabyte G34WQC tbh.
Very few monitors come with onboard speakers, why not go with something like these

CMP01

Enthusiast
I have also checked

LG 34GN850-B Monitor​

Thats an ips but seems lovely
asus one is not available yet didnt check other retailers

Will check that one out shortly.

It's in the running. A bit pricey and is only Freesync (not Freesync Premium or Pro) but there are some with either Premium or Pro that still don't do HDR well. Also no speakers but a more moderate 1900R curve.

The G5 is looking ok though. No speakers but does have Premium and I can get one for £499.

Last edited: