Monitor advice

kazaam

I have managed to pin down to these monitors:

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/169099 (Benq G2420HD 24")

G2420HD.jpg

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/194238 (Samsung B2430H 24")

B1930N_Perspective_high.jpg

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/194603 (LG E2350V 23")

E2350V-PN_1.jpg

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/165288
u_02615299.jpg

At the moment, I am leaning towards the LG E2350V 23"
Is this a good choice?

Last edited:

Kalisnoir

Super Star
Never tried any of them but what you wanna mainly look for is the max resolution and response time, contrast ratio (how dark the black is compared to white) is abit pointless to look at because all manufactures have there own ratings, so you cant have a true comparison, some company's have started meaning how white the whitest white is in comparison to black as well so ignore it.

kazaam

Never tried any of them but what you wanna mainly look for is the max resolution and response time, contrast ratio (how dark the black is compared to white) is abit pointless to look at because all manufactures have there own ratings, so you cant have a true comparison, some company's have started meaning how white the whitest white is in comparison to black as well so ignore it.

Well, the LG Led (E2350V) has the highest contrast ratio but 5ms response time whilst the LCD LG (W2361V-PF) has a lower contrast ratio but better response time of 2ms. The Samsung 24" LCD has a higher cotnrast ratio than the LG LCD, but a lower response time (5ms compared to 2ms on the LG LCD)

So I am really confused!
They all have the same resolution
i've got the LG W2361V-PF 23" and it's a great monitor :)
Thanks, I think I'll end up with one of LGs, the Samsung is nice but I am not too sure about the large frame. Do you think 1" makes a big difference? :confused:

Kalisnoir

Super Star
In the case of confusal, google reviews for each monitor your deciding over, if they all have good reviews, just pick the one you like the look of the most ;)

kazaam

In the case of confusal, google reviews for each monitor your deciding over, if they all have good reviews, just pick the one you like the look of the most ;)
I have. The LG E2350V doesn't have great professional reviews, but the customer reviews are quite good I'd say.
I personally quite like the W2361V-PF 23", but don't know whether it is better going with the LG E2350V cos' it is LED backlit.

Then there's the Samsung which is about the same price but 1" bigger, but I think the LGs look nicer cos the frames aren't as overbearing.

:confused:

So, basically, I guess it comes down to which LG monitor?

are we still talking about monitors here? ^.^
Haha, now now! Stop trying to derail the subject! :p

h3ro

Bronze Level Poster
i would get the latter of the LGs purely because of the little power sensor on the bottom right corner of the monitor, it's so cool seriously! :D

kazaam

i would get the latter of the LGs purely because of the little power sensor on the bottom right corner of the monitor, it's so cool seriously! :D

Do you think it is better to go for this LG rather than the Samsung which is priced about the same and gives you 1" more.

I think the LG does look nicer.

To be honest, I don't think I will notice anything much cos' I will just be using word, youtube, internet, etc.

So, on a scale of 10, how satisfied are you with the monitor, and can you view it at slight angles.

I am guessing you can't adjust the height, but you can tilt it a bit?
Thanks so much for the help! :D

h3ro

Bronze Level Poster
So, on a scale of 10, how satisfied are you with the monitor

i'd say 10, there's nothing really i can fault about it. it's really easy to install and use, the menus are simple too.

and can you view it at slight angles.

its fine from all angles, you can see it clearly.

I am guessing you can't adjust the height

unfortunately you can't tilt it, however i can't see why you would want to?

tbh, the monitor looks good, and performs well. plus the side panels on it are small, so it's pretty much all screen which is awesome :)

kazaam

i'd say 10, there's nothing really i can fault about it. it's really easy to install and use, the menus are simple too.

its fine from all angles, you can see it clearly.

unfortunately you can't tilt it, however i can't see why you would want to?

tbh, the monitor looks good, and performs well. plus the side panels on it are small, so it's pretty much all screen which is awesome :)

Thanks, you sound like a happy customer!

According to the LG site, the W2361V-PF is discontinued but the W2361V isn't :confused:

The one on ebuyer is the W2361V-PF :confused:

How "chunky" is it?

h3ro

Bronze Level Poster
just measured it and its about 4cm, so really not that chunky at all. it's smaller at the edged but the centre of the screen (at the back) is a little wider.

kazaam

just measured it and its about 4cm, so really not that chunky at all. it's smaller at the edged but the centre of the screen (at the back) is a little wider.

Thanks!
I want to go with the LG, but the Samsung looks good and its 1" bigger. :-S

h3ro

Bronze Level Poster
no worries, glad to help :)

im sure you'll enjoy the LG, you're not really gonna notice a 1" difference i don't think.

kazaam

no worries, glad to help :)

im sure you'll enjoy the LG, you're not really gonna notice a 1" difference i don't think.

The samsung monitor has 20,000 higher contrast ratio than the LG W2361V-PF, and it's 1" biggerr for £15 extra.

I don't know

Does anyone know whether the 1" is noticeable.

Phil

Silver Level Poster
id go with the LG W2361V-PF if you can still get it but thats me, the contrast ratio isnt really all that important imo but the 2ms responce on the LG ftw! :)

at the end of the day its your choice :D

kazaam

id go with the LG W2361V-PF if you can still get it but thats me, the contrast ratio isnt really all that important imo but the 2ms responce on the LG ftw! :)

at the end of the day its your choice :D

I'll probabaly end up going for that one anyway, you have any particular reason?