Monitor for 3070, 16gb ram, 5600x system

liakey

So my new pc has finally been built and delivered, very exciting. I was planning on getting a new monitor to match after pay day, however it turns out my current one doesn't have the sockets to connect, so I currently possess a water cooled paper weight (not so much egg on my face as an entire bloomin' hen house).

The marvelous Agent Cooper gave a recommendation when helping me spec, but I thought I'd canvass some other options too.

I've found the following plus Cooper's monitor of choice (the AOC monitor). Main considerations are space (34 inch is realistically my maximum and probably a bit too large if I'm being honest, but y'know...) and the right paring for me to push games a la max. All thoughts and suggestions greatly appreciated.

Asus Tuf VG27AQ

LG 27GL850

AOC CU34G2X/BK

liakey

Any budget/specific requirements?
£450 maximum for sure, preferably less. The monitor itself is mainly going to be used for pc gaming, so response time and pixel density would be a priority I suppose. As I've gone Nvidia, G-sync would probably be useful, though I believe that they work perfectly well with free-sync now too?

Honestly, I've not upgraded from my current monitor for nearly 13 years, so I'm really out of the loop.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
£450 maximum for sure, preferably less. The monitor itself is mainly going to be used for pc gaming, so response time and pixel density would be a priority I suppose. As I've gone Nvidia, G-sync would probably be useful, though I believe that they work perfectly well with free-sync now too?

Honestly, I've not upgraded from my current monitor for nearly 13 years, so I'm really out of the loop.
The Asus Tuf would be my recommendation, it's a great monitor, benefits from IPS and HDR support so has the modern bells and whistles that windows 11 will make use of.

At that budget it's a great monitor.

I wouldn't get too hung up on pixel density, 27" won't be any "better" than 32" at 1440p.

Ultrawide is a fantastic option if you're willing to sacrifice a couple of fps, @AgentCooper has a 3070 with an ultrawide and loves it. The extra resolution makes for a far more immersive experience generally, both in apps and gaming.

The AOC would definitely be my recommendation if you wanted ultrawide.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I am getting a 3070-5600X System and I got the AOC 34" CU34G2 WQHD Curved Ultra wide. I got it for £295 on Amazon at the weekend. It's £340 now.
Even £340 is amazing value, but under £300 is just an absolute steal, hearty congratulations! Congratulations 👏

Rob21

Even £340 is amazing value, but under £300 is just an absolute steal, hearty congratulations! Congratulations 👏
I know, I ordered it as quick as possible when I saw it! The next day it was down to £294. It is the 100hz version but that should be good enough for the games I play, I don't play FPS. Not sure I would tell the difference between 100hz and 144hz anyway.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I know, I ordered it as quick as possible when I saw it! The next day it was down to £294. It is the 100hz version but that should be good enough for the games I play, I don't play FPS. Not sure I would tell the difference between 100hz and 144hz anyway.
Most people can't tell over 120