Monitor if I cant fit a G9?

StuRan

I'm looking for advice please, I have the following on order:

Case CORSAIR iCUE 465X RGB GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Eight Core CPU (3.8GHz-4.7GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® TUF X570-PLUS GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3600MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card16GB AMD RADEON™ RX 6800 XT - HDMI, DP - DX® 12
1st Storage Drive2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive500GB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe (up to 5000MB/R, 2500MB/W)
2nd M.2 SSD Drive1TB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2000 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)

I have no idea what monitor to match it to, its purely for Flight Sim 2020. Reading the forum I can see the G9 appears to be the one to have but, I'm:

a) unsure if its a good match?

and

b) if its a bit big for the space I have (I know you cant help with that bit)

If the answer to "a)" is "its perfect", then I have a decision to make. If its the one to have but "b" is "its too big", what's the alternative please? Is it a G5 34" for example? It's the same question if the G9 is not the one to have I guess.........

I'm getting confused with 1080 and 1440 etc which is not helping.

Would really appreciate any guidance.

Thank you.

Bhuna50

Author Level
b) if its a bit big for the space I have (I know you cant help with that bit)

I can help with this bit. Apply this vigorously to walls.

1613082806676.png

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I think the G9 is a wonderful screen for most things, but especially when it comes to flight sims, there’s just nothing else that comes close.

Remember it’s a curved screen so when it says 49”, that’s if it were flat corner to corner. In reality it’s a lot smaller than that because of the curve.

G9 is 1440 Superwide which is 5120 x 1440

Standard 1440p is 2560 x 1440

So the G9 is very literally 2 x 1440p monitors along the horizontal.

There are very few options in this format, they’re all Samsung’s but lesser and older panels.

The other option outside of superwide (although a lesser experience) would be 4k 144hz

Last edited:

StuRan

Thanks everyone, im afraid im just not going to be able to squeeze it in.

Any other suggestions please for a 4K 144 please?

Also - in a bid to find a resolution to this, can anyone confirm the G9 has VESA mounts please?

Last edited:

Thats a shame. There's always the option of moving house to fit the screen ;)

Here's a couple of 27" options

LG

Asus

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

Also - in a bid to find a resolution to this, can anyone confirm the G9 has VESA mounts please?
G9 does have vesa mounts.

StuRan

G9 does have vesa mounts.
Thank you, I suspect you have just provided the key to my G9 path!

Just to check before I press the green button on the G9 Odyssey - for my rig that I posted i'm good with that monitor and it won't kill my frame rates? Also, its this one isn't it LC49G95TSSUXEN?

Sorry i'm such a noob and I shall pester no more after this (famous last words).

S

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thank you, I suspect you have just provided the key to my G9 path!

Just to check before I press the green button on the G9 Odyssey - for my rig that I posted i'm good with that monitor and it won't kill my frame rates? Also, its this one isn't it LC49G95TSSUXEN?

Sorry i'm such a noob and I shall pester no more after this (famous last words).

S
Yep, that's the one.

Curry's have a pretty good sale on it atm (most places do)

Citrus_9

Expert
I'm all for this and its a great suggestion, unfortunately the current Mrs S would probably leave me. Hang on, every cloud..........
I don't think it would be a big problem. I mean, G9 is really worth sacrifice... There's so many girls in this world around, but there's only and the only one - the G9. The pleasure for your eyes and overall experience ;)

StuRan

I thought I would update for the benefit of others who may be undecided and considering the G9.

i ordered the G9 and despite it seeming huge when I measured it out, it’s actually not excessive, big yes.

Its heavy, 14 kg heavy. Doesn’t sound much but because of the curved shape the combination makes for awkward manouvering.

The stand is big, make sure you have room if you’re using the stand.

Wall mount - I have mine wall mounted, it’s 100 x 100 vesa. Do not under estimate the size and strength of bracket you need, get one that’s up to the job. The screen wants to lean forward, you need a bracket that will lock properly into position with plenty of strength, I would suggest a 15kg bracket isn’t up to it, go mid 20kg or above.

I‘m not sure if I can put the link to the one I used so havent.

Use - I have it hooked up to my 12 year old pc until tomorrow when the new one arrives but already I’m blown away. It’s just superb in terms of image quality, colour, the level of immersion has to be seen to be believed.

I had a 32’ curve Samsung monitor before at 60hz.. This thing is just something else.

If you have the room, want to spend that much and wish to enjoy something incredibly immersive then all I can say is go for it. I really have literally no expertise or knowledge on such things, I just know that I love this thing.

Also, thanks to everyone who offered me advice and suggestions on house modifications 👍

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I thought I would update for the benefit of others who may be undecided and considering the G9.

i ordered the G9 and despite it seeming huge when I measured it out, it’s actually not excessive, big yes.

Its heavy, 14 kg heavy. Doesn’t sound much but because of the curved shape the combination makes for awkward manouvering.

Wall mount - I have mine wall mounted, it’s 100 x 100 vesa. Do not under estimate the size and strength of bracket you need, get one that’s up to the job. The screen wants to lean forward, you need a bracket that will lock properly into position with plenty of strength, I would suggest a 15kg bracket isn’t up to it, go mid 20kg or above.

Use - I have it hooked up to my 12 year old pc until tomorrow when the new one arrives but already I’m blown away. It’s just superb in terms of image quality, colour, the level of immersion has to be seen to be believed.

I had a 32’ curve Samsung monitor before at 60hz.. This thing is just something else.

If you have the room, want to spend that much and wish to enjoy something incredibly immersive then all I can say is go for it. I really have literally no expertise or knowledge on such things, I just know that I love this thing.

Also, thanks to everyone who offered me advice and suggestions on house modifications 👍
Wgen you have it hooked up to the new ric we expect pictures

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

Thanks for the summary, that's really good and covers all the bases, sure people will find it very helpful (y)

You're very welcome to post a link to the wall mount you used, please do, would be very interesting to see the options out there at this level.