Monitor not getting signal

nebneb

Did you buy a monitor with your PC? I'm wondering if they tested it on something really specific that my monitors can't deal with.

I've tested it on my TV (which is 1080) with an HDMI and a Samsung Odyssey G7 which is free out the box.

Shakko

Nope, I used my monitor that is still fairly new as its only around 2 years old. My friend has an older monitor than mine and it worked fine with his PC from PCS and I have another who also didn't have any problem with his old monitor and his PC from PCS.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Did you buy a monitor with your PC? I'm wondering if they tested it on something really specific that my monitors can't deal with.

I've tested it on my TV (which is 1080) with an HDMI and a Samsung Odyssey G7 which is free out the box.
A display is a display, they're all the same really.

Shakko

I had also thought it might be the HDMI cable, I doubted it but had to cover all bases so used the one from the monitor and my PS4

nebneb

It hasn't been asked yet: On the motherboard, to the right of the RAM sticks, there are 4 LEDs (they are quite small)....are any of them lit when the system is turned on? Just wanted to check that the VGA LED (second one down) is lit...I ask as sometimes flaky RAM can create havoc with systems and can create display issues...if the bottom most light is lit, then it's RAM and so I'd suggest popping the RAM sticks out and then back in again (I'd do that nayway just in case)
There is a white light on next to the RAM...

See the photo below- the white light is right next to that green one, but was too bright to take a photo without the cable in the way.

Attachments

• ccec6a37-a410-41b9-b174-320a68961e06.jpg
    ccec6a37-a410-41b9-b174-320a68961e06.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 140

nebneb

There is a white light on next to the RAM...

See the photo below- the white light is right next to that green one, but was too bright to take a photo without the cable in the way.
It's the 3rd LED along, if the green one is the fourth...I think?

nebneb

Judging by the picture you posted, that is the Crosshair Hero VIII motherboard? If that is the case, then yours may well be a completely different problem as, while the White LED indicates a VGA issue (graphics), it is also indicating a Boot issue (the green one)...one or the other could be affecting it. I'd suggest starting a new thread as I think yours may require a different solution (not guaranteed but maybe). I would also suggest noting the number in the digital readout just above it as all I can see is the 2 but not the preceding number as this may indicate where the issue lies
Ah ok, thanks that's really helpful. I'll start a new thread. The message is 02, if that helps?

Shakko

It hasn't been asked yet: On the motherboard, to the right of the RAM sticks, there are 4 LEDs (they are quite small)....are any of them lit when the system is turned on? Just wanted to check that the VGA LED (second one down) is lit...I ask as sometimes flaky RAM can create havoc with systems and can create display issues...if the bottom most light is lit, then it's RAM and so I'd suggest popping the RAM sticks out and then back in again (I'd do that nayway just in case)
I never thought about that, I'll check tomorrow as I'm about to head to work but how would one fix a flaky RAM if that was the issue?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I never thought about that, I'll check tomorrow as I'm about to head to work but how would one fix a flaky RAM if that was the issue?
If you have more than one RAM card (as you should have) try running with just one card. If that's OK try running with just the other.

nebneb

Spent an hour on with tech support just now. They got me to take out all the ram, SSDs, graphics card, even the motherboard battery and I still got the same error (Q code 02 and VGA and boot lights on) and now the PC is off back to Leeds :-(

Shakko

I do have a white light on but I have no idea which light it is. A green light appeared briefly but it went off after a maybe a second
IMG_20210122_020830.jpg

Shakko

It was indeed the graphics card that was the problem so I'm going to need a new one of those sent out. RAM and all was removed, tried it with the other graphics card from the old PC and it worked fine