Monitor output troubles

Gearmaster95

Bought a prefab build from pcs 2 days ago and I get intermittent black screens on my monitor or sometimes I'll boot and get a black screen after seeing the pcs logo. I have made no changes in the bios.

At first I thought it was because I had bought a refurbished monitor (AOC G2590FX) on newegg and it might be that it wasn't a very good refurb but I tested the monitor with my PS4 and had no troubles and then tested my new PC on a different monitor and I was getting flickering images on that and it was working fine before and after testing it.

I may call support tomorrow but if there is a fix I can get now that would be much appreciated

Specs
Case PCS SR-628B RGB GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU) AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Six Core CPU (3.6GHz-4.2GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard ASUS® PRIME B450-PLUS (DDR4, USB 3.1, 6Gb/s) - RGB Ready!
Memory (RAM) 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2666MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card 8GB AMD RADEON™ RX 5700 XT - HDMI, DP - DX® 12
1st Storage Drive 2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive 512GB ADATA SX6000 Pro PCIe M.2 2280 (2100 MB/R, 1500 MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive NOT REQUIRED
Power Supply CORSAIR 650W VS SERIES™ VS-650 POWER SUPPLY
Power Cable 1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling STANDARD AMD CPU COOLER
Thermal Paste STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
LED Lighting 50cm RGB LED Strip
Sound Card ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD
USB/Thunderbolt Options MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System Genuine Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KK3-00002]

Dan79

Bronze Level Poster
The first basic steps to try would be to check everything is properly seated inside, especially gpu. (Did you use the same cables in each test, do you have others to try). Then making sure windows is up to date and the gpu drivers.

Aside from that the experts here will post more detailed things to try.

Gearmaster95

Ok, I think I have a temporary fix, I have to go into BIOS on every boot from now on and just run it without making any changes. I did this a couple hours ago and haven't had any problems, but if anyone can tell me if this is going to harm my pc in the long run then I will take any and all advice and call support.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Ok, I think I have a temporary fix, I have to go into BIOS on every boot from now on and just run it without making any changes. I did this a couple hours ago and haven't had any problems, but if anyone can tell me if this is going to harm my pc in the long run then I will take any and all advice and call support.
I would definitely call PCS as soon as. That's just not right.

My guess, from this post mainly, is that your SSD may be a tad flaky and taking a while to come ready on boot. Entering the BIOS setup and then exiting again gives the SSD time to come ready. Doing that won't do any harm but it's not something you should expect to have to do.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
As well as testing the monitor with your PS4, you could also test the PC with your TV (I assume you have one). Though you may decide to see what the new GPU brings at this point.

Also, brave soul to buy a refurbished monitor from a store half way across the world!

Gearmaster95

As well as testing the monitor with your PS4, you could also test the PC with your TV (I assume you have one). Though you may decide to see what the new GPU brings at this point.

Also, brave soul to buy a refurbished monitor from a store half way across the world!
I did test it with a tv, said so in the original post.

And it was cheaper than buying new here and wasn't a time sensitive thing.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Sorry, missed that.

It's cheaper until you need to RMA it. Hopefully you won't, I just always assume I will :)