Monitor Suggestions

Scoped Badger

Silver Level Poster
How are we guys and girls? I hope you're all well?

I've recently built and ordered a new PC, which is a huge upgrade on what I already have. Hopefully the screenshot will work and you'll see my new specs below:

Screenshot_20200926-160631.png

Naturally, I now need to upgrade my monitor too. I've a basic knowledge of components and hardware, but I need a bit of help with this.

The PC will primarily be used for gaming, but also for general day to day things. No streaming, video editing or anything like that.

I've mainly been a console gamer over the years but am looking to make the move to PC gaming. I play a lot of Fortnite and COD but will also be looking to play other games, including shooters or open world games like Red Dead etc.

Budget is always difficult. I have £750 in my head, but I'd be willing to go higher if needed.

My preferences are that the monitor is 240Hz and has a response time of 1ms but I am willing to be swayed on this if anyone thinks it'd be beneficial.

I've done some research of my own and the monitor that keeps popping up is this one:

But I wanted to open it up to people with a bit more knowledge and experience. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Danoptic

Your in the same boat as me (thread below) that card still won’t be used to it’s potential if your running a 1440p monitor

Scoped Badger

Silver Level Poster
I did see your thread but I didn't want to hijack it with my own issue - I know some forums are funny about that.

My problem with getting a 4k monitor is that I play shooters and playing on 60Hz is a massive disadvantage that a 4k resolution doesn't counter balance.

Edit

Another option I keep seeing is this one:

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I did see your thread but I didn't want to hijack it with my own issue - I know some forums are funny about that.

My problem with getting a 4k monitor is that I play shooters and playing on 60Hz is a massive disadvantage that a 4k resolution doesn't counter balance.

Edit

Another option I keep seeing is this one:

The 3080 is 4k 144hz so you’d get that, not 4k 60.

If you want 1440p 240hz then get the 3070