Monitor upgrade, Stuck between a rock and a hard place.

robin h 25

I'm surprised that LG didn't have 2.1, seems like a sorely missed opportunity to make a really cutting edge monitor.
Yeah..
Even more so, when there's so many people that are looking for a 4K 120/144hz gaming monitor with HDMI 2.1, just for the next gen consoles alone,
From CES 2020 back in January, the LG 27GN950 is to be LG's flagship model,
but it doesn't seem like a flagship model now when compared to the EVE SPECTRUM which offers the same spec's at lower price point and the added HDMI 2.1 ports.

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yeah..
Even more so, when there's so many people that are looking for a 4K 120/144hz gaming monitor with HDMI 2.1, just for the next gen consoles alone,
From CES 2020 bank in January, the LG 27GN950 is to be LG's flagship model,
but it doesn't seem like a flagship model now when compared to the EVE SPECTRUM which offers the same spec's at lower price point and the added HDMI 2.1 ports.
Agreed.

robin h 25

Two new 4K 144hz monitors with HDMI 2.1 have appeared,

One from Asus... <- This one looks to be only a 120hz monitor,
https://www.tomshardware.com/uk/new...-gaming-monitor-in-time-for-ps5-xbox-series-x

One from Acer...
https://videocardz.com/newz/acer-xv282k-kv-is-a-28-inch-4k-144hz-gaming-monitor-with-hdmi-2-1

These links are the only info on them for the moment, I'm also still looking at the EVE SPECTRUM...
https://evedevices.com/pages/full-specs

These monitor's seem to be aiming for release at the end of this year / early 2021,
Apparently the Asus is to be released on time with the next gen consoles, but there's no info on them as of yet, so I'm doubtful,

Apparently the Acer is to release January 2021 or later,

Apparently the EVE is to release towards the end of this December,

I'm also thinking of a RTX 3000 series card to go with them at some point, but not until i get the the monitor first, so I'm most likely going to end up waiting for the RTX 3080 Ti info / reviews/ benchmarks, if there's to be one?, as it will be awhile before i end up getting my monitor upgrade,
I wish these monitors would come out sooner as it's been such a pain waiting for the right one to come along.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Nothing as yet, we’re expecting announcement on or around the end of October after AMD have released the RX6000 series
And then as if by magic...

robin h 25

Another monitor to add to my list of the one I'm already watching and waiting for...

https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/blog/v...ion-144hz-refresh-rate-and-hdmi-2-1-included/

There's also this one on the way...

https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/blog/p...or-console-gaming-with-hdmi-2-1-now-included/

That's now 5, 4K 120/144hz HDMI 2.1 monitor's due to be released in/around Q1 2021

My top pick's so far would be in this order...

1. Eve Spectrum - 4K 144hz panel
2. Viewsonic Elite - 4K 144hz panel
3. Acer - 4K 144hz panel
4. Asus - 4K 120hz panel
5. Phillips - 4K 120hz panel

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just get a 55" LG CX 4k 120Hz TV and be done with it ;)

I have to say it works surprisingly well as a monitor (though I haven't tried gaming via my PC with it though, but it's excellent with the Xbox) given it's size
The new LG and Samsung TV's are incredibly good and do make gaming on a TV an actual thing now whereas before it was always a pretty cruddy experience unless on console.

Gavras

Master Poster
The new LG and Samsung TV's are incredibly good and do make gaming on a TV an actual thing now whereas before it was always a pretty cruddy experience unless on console.
As well as a new gaming monitor, I will be shopping new Tv for living room (current one will go in to the lounge.

Gaming monitor is easy choice.

what is best 4K TV that can (when wife is out) be used for gaming (not FPS stuff).

robin h 25

Just get a 55" LG CX 4k 120Hz TV and be done with it ;)

I have to say it works surprisingly well as a monitor (though I haven't tried gaming via my PC with it though, but it's excellent with the Xbox) given it's size

I have thought about it, but for how much and how long i can game for, the screen burn in on that LG CX seem like an issue i don't really want, despite how good that TV is.

robin h 25

Depends on your budget really. I would highly recommend the LG CX series....even older games look really good on it. Not cheap though, the 48" one comes in at around the £1500 mark, the 55" one, bizarrely, at £300 cheaper. If you do buy a big screen, I would consider buying from Richer Sounds...I bought mine from them as they added in a free 6 year Warranty!

I watched this video some time back, which will give you an idea to why the LG CX 55" is cheaper than the 48"....

robin h 25

I'm keeping an eye on CES 2021 for new monitor info's.

Monitor number 6 for my waiting list...
LG is back on my list with their LG 27GP950 🥳, it's the same as the 27GN950 but they added HDMI 2.1..finally...

This LG model take's joint number one spot with the Viewsonic Elite at the moment

LG-UltraGear-27GP950.jpg

https://videocardz.com/newz/lg-unve...tragear-4k-160hz-gaming-monitor-with-hdmi-2-1

It seems that most of the Q1 release of these new monitors that I've watching and waiting on are being pushed back from around a Q1 release, to the end of spring to summer time....

The pain of this waiting, and more salt is getting rubbed into my waiting pain wounds, Summer 2021 it is then, before i get what I'm after

" sigh " 😞,

"Good things come to those who wait" as I'm telling myself 😭. Knowing my luck, scalpers will snatch them up before i get one 😞, making me wait even longer 😢😭😭.

robin h 25

The LG 27GP950 has now shown up and has a release date and price on Currys PC World website... *7th June / £749*
LG 27GP950 at Currys PC World

The other monitor's I've been watching and looking at to get, which are the...
Asus PG32UQ and
ViewSonic Elite XG320U
are now rumored to release Q1 2022, that's about 7 months after the LG 27GP950 release,

And with all the recent news that going around that the RTX 3080 Ti is only days from a release, I'd like to get my ideal 4K 144hz monitor sooner than later and i don't think i can endure anymore waiting with what I've already been through, I know the Asus and Viewsonic monitor's would be more ideal as their 32"monitor's and would be better suited to 4K than the 27" of the LG, though all 3 monitor's of the...
LG 27GP950 / Asus PG32UQ and Viewsonic XG320U are of the same specs but i just don't think i can wait those extra 7 months to get either one of those 32" 4K 144hz models when they release.

robin h 25

I've finally got my monitor ordered, The LG 27GP950, i can't wait to get this, should arrive by Friday 11th June🥳🥳🥳,

The wait has been painstakingly long for what I've been after in a monitor, and now it's just days away, it would have been nice to go for a 32" of the Asus PG32UQ or ViewSonic XG320U but those have unknown release dates, Q1 2022 is rumored for them, also the LG 27GP950 sold out very quick after i ordered it,

This will be my first IPS panal and first 120hz+ panal, and i can finally retire my 4K 60hz gaming monitor,

It would have been nice for an RTX 3080 Ti to go with it but they sold out so fast, i think only bots got them, but if given the choice of Monitor or GPU, Monitor comes first.

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've finally got my monitor ordered, The LG 27GP950, i can't wait to get this, should arrive by Friday 11th June🥳🥳🥳,

The wait has been painstakingly long for what I've been after in a monitor, and now it's just days away, it would have been nice to go for a 32" of the Asus PG32UQ or ViewSonic XG320U but those have unknown release dates, Q1 2022 is rumored for them, also the LG 27GP950 sold out very quick after i ordered it,

This will be my first IPS panal and first 120hz+ panal, and i can finally retire my 4K 60hz gaming monitor,

It would have been nice for an RTX 3080 Ti to go with it but they sold out so fast, i think only bots got them, but if given the choice of Monitor or GPU, Monitor comes first.
That monitor has been like gold dust from what I've seen so you were very lucky to get your hands on one. Out of the options at that price bracket, that's definitely the model I would choose at 4k.

robin h 25

I had to order it with no hesitation knowing how fast the LG 27GN950 sold out and I've never seen any stores having had them restocked since and i know LG have discontinued the 27GN950 back in March, only 6 months after it's launch,

If i had the room and space, i could have taken the risk of waiting for the Asus ROG Strix XG43UQ,

I would've gone with the Asus ROG Swift PG32UQ or Viewsonic Elite XG320U, but that means more waiting, and by the time you've waited on them, something else comes along that better and worth waiting for, so you wait for them to only find that there's something even better and worth waiting for... and you end up in a loop of just waiting, at some point you have to take the plunge and get what you wanting, which why i went with the LG 27GP950.