Mortal Kombat Series

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Got Mortal Kombat XL as part of my PS subscription. Just started playing it today. Obviously it's an older game (2015ish) but it's absolutely fantastic. I've been completely away from the PvP fighters since Streetfighter on the PS4 and didn't realise just how much they had moved on.

I'm really enjoying all the different content options with the game so thought I would just highlight it for anyone who likes that kind of genre but always found it a bit stale when doing single player.

It seems to be holding its value on Steam, which I'm surprised at, but can no doubt be found cheaper. Definitely worthwhile.

I think I'll definitely be checking out 11 when I'm done with X.

Any thoughts?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Got Mortal Kombat XL as part of my PS subscription. Just started playing it today. Obviously it's an older game (2015ish) but it's absolutely fantastic. I've been completely away from the PvP fighters since Streetfighter on the PS4 and didn't realise just how much they had moved on.

I'm really enjoying all the different content options with the game so thought I would just highlight it for anyone who likes that kind of genre but always found it a bit stale when doing single player.

It seems to be holding its value on Steam, which I'm surprised at, but can no doubt be found cheaper. Definitely worthwhile.

I think I'll definitely be checking out 11 when I'm done with X.

Any thoughts?
The last fighting game I think I played was Tekken 3, and Streetfighter and Mortal Kombat back in the 90's really. I did love them, was absolutely obsessed with Tekken.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Very similar but I did get Street Fighter V when it came out. was pretty good and used to enjoy playing it with my mate, but it had the same old format and no depth.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I reckon the last fighting game I enjoyed was Injustice: Gods Among Us as it has a decent amount of single player content. But I still lost interest in that after a few days.

I think the best part of Mortal Kombat is throwing your arms in the air and screaming ‘MORTAL KOMBAAAT!’ a la the original commercial.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Fighting games are my jam. I play them all quite frequently, I have to say though nothing quite scratches the itch quite like Street Fighter

Mortal Kombat is fun but it's a little too loose for my tastes. Great game to play with mates though

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Fighting games are my jam. I play them all quite frequently, I have to say though nothing quite scratches the itch quite like Street Fighter

Mortal Kombat is fun but it's a little too loose for my tastes. Great game to play with mates though

Have you had a look at the "campaign" side of things on Mortal Kombat X or XI though? I think they've done a decent job of giving you something to aim for.