Motherboard fault, lost for words

dani72

Silver Level Poster
PCS arrange the collection, all you have to do is raise an RMA?

Unfortunately t's out of warranty now. I might look at getting a new PCS build on finance but I'm not sure yet. I had really hoped I'd get longer out of my current PC. It was still running fast before the PSU died.

Anyway I didn't mean to hijack the OP's thread.

Bhuna50

Author Level
Unfortunately t's out of warranty now. I might look at getting a new PCS build on finance but I'm not sure yet. I had really hoped I'd get longer out of my current PC. It was still running fast before the PSU died.

Anyway I didn't mean to hijack the OP's thread.
It might be out of warranty but its worth looking at how much it will cost to send it in - as that includes send/return and then someone can help diagnose the fault and provide you with a quote to repair it / replace anything that has gone and then it gets returned to you too.

PCS are very good at this as done this recently with my broken Defiance laptop (admittedly it was easier for me as in UK) - only cost £35 to arrange collection / return.

Bigfoot

Grand Master
One of the reasons the experts on here tend to over specify PSUs is their importance to the system. Unfortunately, if a PSU does fail, it has the capability of taking out downstream components with it. That is why is is also important to use a surge protector.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
One of the reasons the experts on here tend to over specify PSUs is their importance to the system. Unfortunately, if a PSU does fail, it has the capability of taking out downstream components with it. That is why is is also important to use a surge protector.
And also because the PCS Terms & Conditions pretty much require one... :)

7.4 This warranty does not apply to any defect in the goods arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, accident, negligence by you or any third party (e.g. not using a surge protector), use otherwise than as recommended by us or the manufacturer (e.g. in an unventilated / hot or dusty environment), failure to follow the manufacturer's instructions, or any alteration or repair carried out without the manufacturer's approval.