Motherboard question

Citrus_9

Expert
You need to upgrade RAM because 3000Mhz is too slow. Amd Cpus like faster RAM, 3200Mhz or 3600. The 3200 is most popular.

Regarding Amd Gpus, for 1080p there's only 5500XT, but I don't recommend it due to well known prolonged driver issues.

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
So AMD have yet to release a 1080p GPU for this generation, rumours say that they might be announcing the 6600 (XT) soon, which is likely going to be their 1080p card.

Nvidia GPUs are also better for streaming and editing due to specific encoding and CUDA cores, so at the moment I would suggest Nvidia for your uses.

Regarding the build I would suggest upping the RAM speed to 3200mhz. Ryzen CPUs benefit from fast RAM and 3200mhz is the sweet spot. Besides that, really solid build, hope it comes soon and we get a few photos of your setup! 😊
Or if you can make the stretch, 3600! 3200 is the sweetspot but 3600 is ideal for some of the editing work you'll be doing

Hi All would you reccomend any other cases for this build ? just looking through a few as i have a small amount of extra cash i could use for this.

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
It's not in stock right now with PCS, but I'd go for the Corsair iCue 5000X. It's really good both for airflow (despite the glass panel at the front) and in terms of aesthetics. You can order it elsewhere (e.g. at Scan either in white or black, or Amazon who only have it in white right now) and send it in for PCS to use with the "send in your own case" option.

From the PCS stock, the Corsair 500D is really very good indeed as well, though very pricey indeed.

MrWilson

Godlike
Benchmarking is a fairly subjective process. I tend to rely on Hardware Unboxed as a competent and trusted reviews site. In their benchmark video for the 3060 it was slightly ahead of the 2060 Super. Additionally, it is a latest gen GPU so performs better with RT. The 12GB VRAM will be helpful for editing as well.
Considering the above, and that the 2060 Super is £5 MORE expensive than the 3060 in the configurator at the moment, I would recommend sticking with the 3060.

Thabks you guys, I appreciate it. I have been checking everything and comparing so I get the best setup for my money. This is where I'm at now and I'm going to leave it at this.

COOLERMASTER MASTERBOX TD500 MESH ARGB GAMING CASE
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: CORSAIR 5000D AIRFLOW TEMPERED GLASS GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Eight Core CPU (3.8GHz-4.7GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® TUF X570-PLUS GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3600MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card12GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3060 - HDMI, DP
1st Storage DriveNOT REQUIRED
1st M.2 SSD Drive500GB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 6900MB/R, 5000MB/W)
2nd M.2 SSD Drive1TB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2000 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingCorsair H115i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Extra Case FansNONE
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: 2x 120mm Thermaltake TOUGHFAN 12 Case Fans
Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
Wireless Network CardWIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating SystemWindows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]
Operating System LanguageUnited Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery MediaWindows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office SoftwareFREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-VirusNO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
BrowserMicrosoft® Edge (Windows 10 Only)
Warranty3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
DeliverySTANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build TimeStandard Build - Subject to stock availability on pre-order products

Hi all. I wish they would build this haha I keep changing things. Now gone to the 3070 as I'm going to get a new monitor. Whats the best 2nd m.2 I've changed to the Intel but seen all the specs reccomend the pcs one. Also do I need the strix to future proof or is it not needed.

Last edited:

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Hi all. I wish they would build this haha I keep changing things. Now gone to the 3070 as I'm going to get a new monitor. Whats the best 2nd m.2 I've changed to the Intel but seen all the specs reccomend the pcs one. Also do I need the strix to future proof or is it not needed.
What monitors were you looking at? I’d suggest at least 1440p if not 1440p ultrawide for a 3070.

Both the PCS and Intel drives are perfectly good I wouldn’t be too fussed about which one you have, although I believe the Intel is a lot faster for only £3 more.

And nope, I wouldn’t say so. The TUF will be perfectly capable. If you plan to upgrade to the 5900X at some point then it’s something you might want to consider, but the 5800x is already a super powerful CPU 😂

What monitors were you looking at? I’d suggest at least 1440p if not 1440p ultrawide for a 3070.

Both the PCS and Intel drives are perfectly good I wouldn’t be too fussed about which one you have, although I believe the Intel is a lot faster for only £3 more.

And nope, I wouldn’t say so. The TUF will be perfectly capable. If you plan to upgrade to the 5900X at some point then it’s something you might want to consider, but the 5800x is already a super powerful CPU 😂
oh no i defo wont be upgrading the cpu for some time. i am prob going to get a high refresh 1440p monitor. prob ASUS TUF. thanks for your feedback