Motherboard wifi or pci-e wifi card

Babychino yolk

Bronze Level Poster
As the title says i am a bit confused which one is usually a more solid choice for the pc ?

Im going to go full wireless for gaming and need the better choice, but not sure if I should go for a wifi motherboard like aorus master z490 or skip that and get a WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0 (£18)

Is there any difference in terms of speed and reliability? I use BT ultrafast fibre

Thanks in advance

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
As the title says i am a bit confused which one is usually a more solid choice for the pc ?

Im going to go full wireless for gaming and need the better choice, but not sure if I should go for a wifi motherboard like aorus master z490 or skip that and get a WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0 (£18)

Is there any difference in terms of speed and reliability? I use BT ultrafast fibre

Thanks in advance
The Z490 is an Intel board, we would almost always advise against Intel as they're incredibly poor compared to AMD except for a couple of very niche uses.

If the board has wifi, then you use the board wifi, but these days very few do.
That wifi card you specified is the one we'd recommend as it's got great support for modern standards and speeds.

Babychino yolk

Bronze Level Poster
Thanks @SpyderTracks

Just to double check, would the wifi card be better in terms of speed and reliability than the motherboard ?

So sorry to keep asking but I cant seem to find anything regarding this over the internet.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thanks @SpyderTracks

Just to double check, would the wifi card be better in terms of speed and reliability than the motherboard ?

So sorry to keep asking but I cant seem to find anything regarding this over the internet.
It depends what standards the board offers. That modular card is the latest cutting edge wifi 6, you can't get any newer than that.

Reliability wise, wouldn't be any different, wifi is wifi.