Mount and Blade: Warband

NilSatis

Bright Spark
Just a little heads up to those that havent played this game that it is absolutely epic. An action/and strategy/ and pure skill (and frustration) game with true skill involved and other rpg aspects make it a must buy. Bought it on steam last month and it has developed into one of my top games in little time. The single player is great; the mods there are really make this game amazing.....and there are loads being made and loads out all the time to make an already great game even better.

For those put off by installing mods etc it is one of the most mod friendly games i have ever played. The multiplayer is always packed with players on native (vanilla) warband) and the best mod for online play is something called "crpg" which pits you first as a lowly peasant that has to rise up through the ranks (through a lot of dying and practice) and become the ultimate soldier/leader.

Every weapon that has ever appeared in an medieval/ rpg game is here and waiting to be used. Easy to pick up...hard to master. If anyone else buys this and fancies playing with me let me know; am on it all the time, and am no master! Encorporates realistic swinging/blocking/shield useage/archery/polearms engine....and looks pretty nice too for a small producers game. Of course there are mods to make it look even better. Just a heads up if anyone has missed out on playing this; one of the most addictive games online at the moment.

If you do get it; for multiplayer the crpg mod is where it is at, and for single player i can recommend some great ones too. If you are tempted, buy warband....it has all the best bits of the first mount and blade and of course multiplayer. The new one "with fire and sword" is a bit disappointing...it adds firearms, but not as well as some of the mods on warband and is a step back in some areas. Anyone interested or looking for someone to play with online give me a shout :walkman:

Kalisnoir

Super Star
Aye, had this for ages and I can vouch it's a good game (played cRPG mostly as well)
Don't really play it anymore though tbh with newer games out to soak up my time, I did buy the fire & sword and i'm happy with it tbh, but it's all down to personal preference ^^