Mouse and keyboard help

Tez77

Enthusiast
Very new to pc gameing been playing black ops 2 but with 360 contoller very slow and takes to long to go prone i have keyboard and mouse 5 bottons and scroll wheel is this anygood or do i need to replace

Portland

Bronze Level Poster
For an FPS, don't need a tricksy keyboard and a decent quality 5 button mouse should do you. Might want to consider a mouse with the ability to change dpi - can be nice to drop sensitivity for long shot aiming and then bring it back for running around. You can go over the top with gaming mice. I personally think wired is the way forward but some people will argue for wireless.

sted

Rising Star
Where I can't really advise you on whether to buy replacements, as up until I get my computer I will never have had anything more than an ordinary keyboard or mouse, I can agree with the two opinions above on wired Vs wireless. Wireless has its perks, such as no need for virtually any cable management and possibly other things, but wired are in general so much more reliable, they don't need to be charged and they don't have a sensor that might be dodgy or even die with time.

Tez77

Enthusiast
Ok thanks for info all Portland what u think to this Cooler Master CM Storm Xornet Gaming Mouse Black 2000dpi Laser then i was thinking one of them number pads for movement

Portland

Bronze Level Poster
Not used it personally, but it seems cheap and cheerful. I use a Logitech 518 which is long out of production, but similarly "does what it says on the tin."

Worth looking at a cheap mouse mat/mouse surface too for best results. Again, don't have to spend a fortune, but more consistent than just using the top of the table.