Mouse & Keyboard

i_Ary

Gold Level Poster
Hello everyone, hope you’re doing well. While I wait for my PC to arrive, of course I’ll be looking for a mouse, keyboard, and desk pad to be prepared now.

These are my current choices I’ve picked out -

Mouse:Logitech G305

Keyboard: Reddragon K552

Whats your thoughts on these? Are they recommended or is there better I could go for? The max I’m looking to spend on the mouse and keyboard is around £50-£60 for each - I have a strict budget.

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I'm not too sure on these specific products, but I know Logitech make good products so I wouldn't have a problem recommending them, and I know red dragon makes decent budget Keyboards.

Just some more general advice, if you can skew the budget towards the keyboard, I'd advise so, more of an 80/40 split I feel you'll end up with with a better balance. Also for mice, I'd recommend wired as they're generally seen as better got gaming (assuming you're going for a gaming build)

Also have you checked the mouse and keyboard options that can be added with your PCS order?

i_Ary

Gold Level Poster
I'm not too sure on these specific products, but I know Logitech make good products so I wouldn't have a problem recommending them, and I know red dragon makes decent budget Keyboards.

Just some more general advice, if you can skew the budget towards the keyboard, I'd advise so, more of an 80/40 split I feel you'll end up with with a better balance. Also for mice, I'd recommend wired as they're generally seen as better got gaming (assuming you're going for a gaming build)

Also have you checked the mouse and keyboard options that can be added with your PCS order?
Yes, I’m using these for gaming. I want a wireless mouse solely to have no struggles with cables during gaming. I want a compact keyboard for saving space - I’ll take consideration into looking for wired mice and maybe better keyboards too.

No, I have not checked the mice and keyboards that could be added to my order. I believe other places such as amazon would do me better in that matter.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I've used a Razer Deathadder for 12+ years and won't use another mouse again

As for the Keyboard can't recommend the Corsair K70 or K65 enough. It's great

i_Ary

Gold Level Poster

Those keyboards are a bit pricy, and Im not a fan of razer at all in all honesty.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Around £50-£70 for the mouse and same for the keyboard.
I'll give you some alternatives to the norm...

Unfortunately decent gaming cut down size keyboards actually cost more than a full sized alternative.

This is the Steelseries Apex 3 which is an outstanding budget keyboard:

For a mouse, this one is a couple of years old now, but still an absolute top performer comes in various different colours:

Nowadays, wireless performance is so vastly improved, that in a lot of high end stuff, it will outperform wired believe it or not, but to get any kind of decent quality, it would break the budget as they're vastly more expsensive.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

Unfortunately decent gaming cut down size keyboards actually cost more than a full sized alternative.

For a mouse, this one is a couple of years old now, but still an absolute top performer comes in various different colours:

Nowadays, wireless performance is so vastly improved, that in a lot of high end stuff, it will outperform wired believe it or not, but to get any kind of decent quality, it would break the budget as they're vastly more expsensive.
Yep that's what i ended up getting, that and the K70 keyboard

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

That keyboard looks fantastic

i_Ary

Gold Level Poster

Sorry for not responding, I had just woken up. Thank you for the recommendations though - I’ll make sure to look into these and possibly order them.

gohan2091

Bronze Level Poster

I've just purchased the Razer DeathAdder V2 wired. I'm waiting for my pc to be built so haven't actually used it yet. I love how it looks! I hope I'll like it. I need a medium to large mouse and my grip is palm hold.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've just purchased the Razer DeathAdder V2 wired. I'm waiting for my pc to be built so haven't actually used it yet. I love how it looks! I hope I'll like it. I need a medium to large mouse and my grip is palm hold.
I recently bought one too for my laptop and absolutely love it, it’s like wearing a silk glove.

gohan2091

Bronze Level Poster
I recently bought one too for my laptop and absolutely love it, it’s like wearing a silk glove.
Oh good to hear. I see it's a bit heavier than it's competition but my last mouse was a Logitech g400 (and before that the MX518) which are both heavier than the deathadder. I almost got the Viper Ultimate or glorious model O. :D can't wait to use it.