Mouse sensitivity issues after windwos update

Kieran99

A few days ago I was playing CSGO and noticed I had a windows update, so before I played another match I went ahead restarted my PC. After the update my mouse sensitivity felt slightly higher, but none of my settings have changed literally everything is the same. The issue isn't just in CSGO its in every game and on my desktop.

Things I've tried:

• Reinstalled mouse/graphics drivers
• Factory reset and reinstalled an older version of windows
• Using a different mouse
• Using different USB ports
• Markc's mouse fix

At this point I have no idea what it could be, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Can you not turn the sensitivity/speed down in the Mouse configuration of the control panel?

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Guessing it's not something as simple as you accidentally pressed the DPI switch on the mouse and haven't noticed. It's got half a dozen different settings or something.

Could it be that a long while ago you used Logitech software to set up profiles and the update has interfered with that?

Could you try using the Logitech software (G HUB)? Not sure if that's what you meant by mouse drivers.

A factory reset isn't a clean Windows install, so you could try a clean install.

Kieran99

Guessing it's not something as simple as you accidentally pressed the DPI switch on the mouse and haven't noticed. It's got half a dozen different settings or something.

Could it be that a long while ago you used Logitech software to set up profiles and the update has interfered with that?

Could you try using the Logitech software (G HUB)? Not sure if that's what you meant by mouse drivers.

A factory reset isn't a clean Windows install, so you could try a clean install.
I only have 1 DPI setting and have never set up any profiles. I've tried using G hub and logitech gaming software. I have also done a proper clean install of windows but none of this solved my issue.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Logitech unfortunately have a long history of not playing well with Windows updates, I've avoided Logitech kit for years for that very reason.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Did you do a clean install of windows without applying the updates that caused the issue?

If you did, it may be a placebo.

It can't be the hardware, as it's consistent across multiple devices.
It can't be the software, as a clean install made no changes.

The only explanation is it's the update and you have re-applied it after the clean install.... or..... it's a placebo.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Could another possibility be that some software had applied certain settings in the past that the update broke and the clean install has wiped altogether?

Hard to see how, or what, given no amount of fiddling in Windows settings or mouse software replicates the desired effect. But still, there's no accounting for what random things can get installed over the years..?

The Dood

May or may not be related, but I noticed a similar issue with my desktop about a week ago (could've been a windows update but I'm not certain) - with no changes from myself, my mouse speed seemed to change by itself. I've messed about with the mouse option in the control panel and the mouse software itself, and have just about fixed it but I've still no idea what caused it in the first place.

Kieran99

OK, which specific update is causing this?
I don't know which update specifically as a few updates were installed at the same time, but I updated on the 10th of this month so would assume the update that came out on the 8th would of caused it but obviously I can't be sure of that.

Kieran99

Did you do a clean install of windows without applying the updates that caused the issue?

If you did, it may be a placebo.

It can't be the hardware, as it's consistent across multiple devices.
It can't be the software, as a clean install made no changes.

The only explanation is it's the update and you have re-applied it after the clean install.... or..... it's a placebo.
A placebo is the only thing that makes sense, but I don't think it is. I've been using the same mouse settings for years so any difference I can notice really easily and it also wouldnt explain why I can lower my dpi or sensitivity and still have it feel faster than before. I have done 3 clean installs of windows one of them I installed 1703 and it still felt the same.

Last edited:

Kieran99

May or may not be related, but I noticed a similar issue with my desktop about a week ago (could've been a windows update but I'm not certain) - with no changes from myself, my mouse speed seemed to change by itself. I've messed about with the mouse option in the control panel and the mouse software itself, and have just about fixed it but I've still no idea what caused it in the first place.
My issue started exactly a week ago and sounds the same as what happened to me, although I can't seem to get it to feel the same.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I don't know which update specifically as a few updates were installed at the same time, but I updated on the 10th of this month so would assume the update that came out on the 8th would of caused it but obviously I can't be sure of that.
If you really want to find out if it was an update then uninstall them all, reboot and then reinstall them one at a time....

Kieran99

If you really want to find out if it was an update then uninstall them all, reboot and then reinstall them one at a time....
Well I already did a clean install of 1703 so any of those updates I installed wouldnt be installed at that point and it felt the same