Moving from Xbox to PC

Dotson

Just today discovered. I've tried my Xbox 360 gamepad (wired, it is USB one) with Win7. Connected at once, no drivers needed and most interesting is that games I'm tried "understood" I'm using gamepad and replaced all control's keys to xbox gamepad ones. That was really handy, I'm really thinking of sell my both xbox consoles. :turned:

Any experience on that, lads?

liamnic2

Super Star
Im getting a gaming pc for total war games but keeping my xbox to keep playing with my friends on cod and bf. Switching fully to PC gaming can save you money on games. If you dont need your xbox's then just sell them. I only downer I find about xbox is paying £20 a year for a membership. The only flaw about PC gaming I see is buying a new graphics cards to keep up with the games.

Dayve

I'd say that since you're on a PC gaming forum the responses will be slightly biased. I'd say switch to PC gaming but keep the consoles. In 15 years time you might want to revisit "the old days" of gaming. If you asked it on an an xbox gaming forum I'm sure they'd say keep to xbox gaming.

Personally I wouldn't dream of using an xbox pad with any PC game, except maybe a racing game. I suppose it would be fine to use it with a game like Crysis 2, which was a sellout by Crytek, designed solely for consoles with the PC port being an afterthought, with features like aim aid, obviously designed for console pad gaming since it's difficult to aim with those.

As for buying graphics cards all the time, it doesn't really work like that. I had an ATI HD 4870 in my last machine with 2gb ram and a dual core processor, That graphics card lasted me for 3 years and played every game I could throw at it on high settings, until Shogun 2 came along. :D

Last edited: