MS fs 2020

jp21

Hey Mike, sorry for the late reply. That's a shame about the graphics card. I'd recommend changing the current one to the 8GB AMD RADEON™ RX 5500 XT (you'll have to scroll down a little to find it) as it will give you a considerably better experience than the card that is currently in the system. Were you able to get all the other changes done?
Hey Junior, I spoke to them at 9am and I can get into my account now, they told me how to alter the order. I will have a go and if
I have any more problems I will leave it as it is. You are very help full and patient with me, thank you I will keep you posted.

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Hey Junior, I spoke to them at 9am and I can get into my account now, they told me how to alter the order. I will have a go and if
I have any more problems I will leave it as it is. You are very help full and patient with me, thank you I will keep you posted.
That's great to hear! No worries, I'm the sort of person that finds all this exciting anyway 😆 And sure keep me updated!

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I have just done it!!!! Did not seem to be a problem,
Fantastic!! I'm glad to hear, I'm sure you'll enjoy MSFS very much! If you have any other issues please don't hesitate to let us know and we'll do our best to help you get them sorted!

jp21

Fantastic!! I'm glad to hear, I'm sure you'll enjoy MSFS very much! If you have any other issues please don't hesitate to let us know and we'll do our best to help you get them sorted!
I have had a look at the order again because it only cost extra £40 I had not changed the hard drive, one line has 256 ssd the other
has 1tb hd an extra that I am happy with. I this ok?

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I have had a look at the order again because it only cost extra £40 I had not changed the hard drive, one line has 256 ssd the other
has 1tb hd an extra that I am happy with. I this ok?
I'd recommend removing the 256gb SSD (there should be an option at the bottom for 'NOT REQUIRED') and selecct none for the 1TB HDD. Then the 3rd option down says 1st M.2 SSD Drive I'd change this to a "1TB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2000 MB/R, 1100 MB/W" It's £30 more expensive but it's a much better layout for your usage. I've also included a picture of what it should look like when it's done. Let me know how you get on!
1613836268258.png

jp21

I'd recommend removing the 256gb SSD (there should be an option at the bottom for 'NOT REQUIRED') and selecct none for the 1TB HDD. Then the 3rd option down says 1st M.2 SSD Drive I'd change this to a "1TB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2000 MB/R, 1100 MB/W" It's £30 more expensive but it's a much better layout for your usage. I've also included a picture of what it should look like when it's done. Let me know how you get on!View attachment 22615
All done, Many thanks, I will keep you informed. Mike.

Bhuna50

Author Level
Can I suggest that you now post your complete spec again to be reviewed as there’s been so many chop and changes here and there it will be best to make sure it’s still optimal for your needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Can I suggest that you now post your complete spec again to be reviewed as there’s been so many chop and changes here and there it will be best to make sure it’s still optimal for your needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good idea

jp21

Good idea
I have just had a look at my order and I can see the alterations but don't know how to send it to you, is it to late to make
any more changes? They might have started to build. ( I am a bit too old for all this).

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I have just had a look at my order and I can see the alterations but don't know how to send it to you, is it to late to make
any more changes? They might have started to build. ( I am a bit too old for all this).
You're still able to show us your specification, if you log in by pressing the 'my account' button in the very top right then go to your account and follow the red highlighted boxes on the screenshot ive provided, you'll find your spec to send to us. Copy from the word 'case' in bold to the end of the green link at the bottom.

You can also see on mine that it has dates for build, testing and awaiting dispatch, if you have these you may be able to make changes but for a fee. If you only see a pre-production date then you just have to pay the cost of the changes.

What changes were you thinking of making?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-02-23 at 12.10.21.png
    Screenshot 2021-02-23 at 12.10.21.png
    253.6 KB · Views: 101

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I would probably aim to stick with the 5600X if possible. FS2020 is CPU hungry and the faster the single thread, the better. The 5600X significantly out-performs the 3600. It's going to be less GPU intensive for the foreseeable future so the 2060 GPU is more than enough for 1080p.

jp21

You're still able to show us your specification, if you log in by pressing the 'my account' button in the very top right then go to your account and follow the red highlighted boxes on the screenshot ive provided, you'll find your spec to send to us. Copy from the word 'case' in bold to the end of the green link at the bottom.

You can also see on mine that it has dates for build, testing and awaiting dispatch, if you have these you may be able to make changes but for a fee. If you only see a pre-production date then you just have to pay the cost of the changes.

What changes were you thinking of making?
I think I have sent it to the forum like you suggested, only for it to be checked out. PCs have sent me a date of March 8,
don't know this means!

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I think I have sent it to the forum like you suggested, only for it to be checked out. PCs have sent me a date of March 8,
don't know this means!
I don't see it here, do you want to try again? And the date March 8th is when they rekcon your PC will be built, I believe.

Instructions on how to post the spec: From the homepage of the PCS site, press on the text 'My Account' with the little padlock next to it and log in if you haven't already done so. Once you've logged in it should show you a page titled 'Account for your name*, scroll down on this page until you see a section that says Order details. Here you should see your order number with some different info, on the right there is a green button that says 'show', press it. Now scroll all the way to the bottom where you should see a green button that says 'post spec to forums', press that. Then click and drag over your specification from the word 'Case' in bold to the end of the green link at the bottom. Then right click and click copy, then come back to this thread, then right click and paste then press post reply and we should be able to see it!

jp21

I don't see it here, do you want to try again? And the date March 8th is when they rekcon your PC will be built, I believe.

Instructions on how to post the spec: From the homepage of the PCS site, press on the text 'My Account' with the little padlock next to it and log in if you haven't already done so. Once you've logged in it should show you a page titled 'Account for your name*, scroll down on this page until you see a section that says Order details. Here you should see your order number with some different info, on the right there is a green button that says 'show', press it. Now scroll all the way to the bottom where you should see a green button that says 'post spec to forums', press that. Then click and drag over your specification from the word 'Case' in bold to the end of the green link at the bottom. Then right click and click copy, then come back to this thread, then right click and paste then press post reply and we should be able to see it!

I had a go but got lost after pressing post specs to the forum, you guys must think I am thick. While lying awake in bed last night
thinking about what I was doing wrong I thought about taking a screen shot with my phone but then how do I send that.
In view of all this I will leave the order as it is. Thanks for all your patients and I will let you know when I get it running.
PS, I type with one finger!

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I had a go but got lost after pressing post specs to the forum, you guys must think I am thick. While lying awake in bed last night
thinking about what I was doing wrong I thought about taking a screen shot with my phone but then how do I send that.
In view of all this I will leave the order as it is. Thanks for all your patients and I will let you know when I get it running.
PS, I type with one finger!

I don’t think you’re thick! I think the fact you’ve been able to order a PC and make amendments to it online is a fantastic feat at the young age of 83! If you would like to post your specs with screenshots, you can simply press the little icon of the picture then select them in your image gallery as I’ve shown in the screenshots. If you do send us images, make sure you include multiple so we have all of the info we need. If you’re not fussed enough it’s all good, I understand this has been quite a confusing process and I don’t blame you for finding it difficult

Attachments

• 78927415-BE34-4A1A-A181-60243660115D.png
    78927415-BE34-4A1A-A181-60243660115D.png
    654.4 KB · Views: 103

jp21

I don’t think you’re thick! I think the fact you’ve been able to order a PC and make amendments to it online is a fantastic feat at the young age of 83! If you would like to post your specs with screenshots, you can simply press the little icon of the picture then select them in your image gallery as I’ve shown in the screenshots. If you do send us images, make sure you include multiple so we have all of the info we need. If you’re not fussed enough it’s all good, I understand this has been quite a confusing process and I don’t blame you for finding it difficult
Eventually I managed it by taking a screen shot on my camera with photoshop I put it in a folder and then tried to load it on your page by dragging it across, but a message came up saying it was too big. ( 2.5meg.) I hope it is clear enough and I do have the other half of the image if you want it. My wife typed this for me, she is great!!

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
That looks like a good build to me! Just make sure you have the silver warranty, it's well worth the £5!

Eventually I managed it by taking a screen shot on my camera with photoshop I put it in a folder and then tried to load it on your page by dragging it across, but a message came up saying it was too big. ( 2.5meg.) I hope it is clear enough and I do have the other half of the image if you want it. My wife typed this for me, she is great!!
What a process! The image is perfectly clear. and this has got most of the important info so I'm sure it's okay. The main things worth checking that aren't in this photo is you've got the
WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0 (£19) selected as the Wireless Network Card if you use WiFi at home, this will give you much better speeds. And, make sure you've removed the Anti-virus software, it's been known to cause issues for people!

If those changes have been made, you will have one sweet PC! Enjoy it and keep us updated, and of course if yo have any questions, we're always here!