MS Office & Windows

rouchie

Rising Star
Hi, I am giving my son my old PC which has Windows 10 linked to my account, will he be able to wipe my user and continue to use the PC with my old Windows licence? I have a new licence with my new pc.

Also, I want to transfer the Office 19 professional edition (one of the Home Users editions via my employer) I have on the old PC and transfer that to the new one is it just a case of uninstalling and then reinstalling on my new one?

Thanks in advance for any advise offered :)

Last edited:

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Yes to part 1. You can even unlink that particular Windows install from your account and allow him to link it to his, if you wanted.

For the 2nd part, I'm not entirely sure but that sounds pretty much like it would go. There may be a deregistration option but it's unlikely for them to make it particularly awkward even if you didn't do it.

rouchie

Rising Star
Thanks Scott - is there a refernce site I can look at for part 1?
Part 2 - It would still be on my microsoft account but i will uninstall from the old PC

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I can't find one right now as I'm in work, but possibly someone else can advise.

It is fairly straight forward, you login to your live account and you will see which systems you have registered. Simply de-register it. This doesn't remove the license from the PC, only the link to your account. Your Son can then create the link via his Live account.