MSFS - useful (useless to some) piece of information for builds

Bhuna50

Author Level
I have xBoxGamePass PC and have just installed the BASIC MSFS version (note BASIC).

I then went in game and downloaded ALL the FREE downloads available, including updates etc.

The total file size used is already a huge 321 GB having installed nearly 1/4 million files in over 10,000 folders and I assume as I start playing the game it will add to that more.

1697973551530.png

Thought those providing specs for people would want to know the GB used re disk sizes etc to recommend.

davhun

Gold Level Poster
I have xBoxGamePass PC and have just installed the BASIC MSFS version (note BASIC).

I then went in game and downloaded ALL the FREE downloads available, including updates etc.

The total file size used is already a huge 321 GB having installed nearly 1/4 million files in over 10,000 folders and I assume as I start playing the game it will add to that more.

View attachment 39010

Thought those providing specs for people would want to know the GB used re disk sizes etc to recommend.
I have a 475GB drive D with NOTHING IN IT.

Thank goodness I am not a gamer :)

HomerJ

Prolific Poster

View attachment 39010

just think how big the new one will be