Music on Sky Arts

Bigfoot

Grand Master
If you have Sky, it is worth checking this out. overnight there is often a lot of excellent music. Last night there was Jeff Lynne's ELO Wembley or Bust concert from 2017 and Supertramp's 1979 Paris concert . I have previously recorded Led Zeppelin, Rush, Deep Purple, Fleetwood Mac and the Who (I may be betraying my age here).

Stephen M

Author Level
Music is one of the things Sky have been good at for a long time, all varieties of it.

Think it would have been a bigger betrayal of age had you mentioned concerts by George Formby and Vera Lynn :)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
If you have Sky, it is worth checking this out. overnight there is often a lot of excellent music. Last night there was Jeff Lynne's ELO Wembley or Bust concert from 2017 and Supertramp's 1979 Paris concert . I have previously recorded Led Zeppelin, Rush, Deep Purple, Fleetwood Mac and the Who (I may be betraying my age here).
When I had NowTV I used to watch it regularly, they had some amazing live sets, some of the Rare 1980's Pink Floyd content as well.

Superb channel.

They also showed regular interviews and meanings behind albums from the artists themselves, was really good.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I watched the ELO concert last night with a beer and the cats last night after Mrs C went to bed. What really impresses me is how Jeff Lynne looks almost exactly the same now…

034B38C4-5C1D-4AB8-8ED3-CE2E7B94FACB.jpeg

As he did in the seventies…

FBFE0EB8-6344-46C4-95D4-4F029082F6EA.jpeg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yeah that hurt, I was doing about 25MPH when i came out, the guy going the other way just came out of nowhere, so i went left to avoid a head on, and powered up to much, so that little kite (6 square meters) bit.......................That was the last time i flew on Camber Sands

Man, I love Kiting. I used to have a couple of Flexifoils which I ran stacked together, took them out in what ended up being a hurricane in Central Park in Plymouth in around 2001/2. We'd been flying for about 30 minutes and just about getting away with it, then there was this huge up-rip and got lifted up about 50 feet up and must have travelled over 200 feet along before being driven back into the ground. Broke my collar bone and my mate broke his arm.

Was so stupid, shouldn't have been flying at all, but you know how it is :ROFLMAO:

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Yeah that hurt, I was doing about 25MPH when i came out, the guy going the other way just came out of nowhere, so i went left to avoid a head on, and powered up to much, so that little kite (6 square meters) bit.......................That was the last time i flew on Camber Sands
Ouch! Well I’m glad it didn’t cause you any permanent damage 🙂👍

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Man, I love Kiting. I used to have a couple of Flexifoils which I ran stacked together, took them out in what ended up being a hurricane in Central Park in Plymouth in around 2001/2. We'd been flying for about 30 minutes and just about getting away with it, then there was this huge up-rip and got lifted up about 50 feet up and must have travelled over 200 feet along before being driven back into the ground. Broke my collar bone and my mate broke his arm.

Was so stupid, shouldn't have been flying at all, but you know how it is :ROFLMAO:
Oh yeah that wasn't the first or last time i got a spanking from a kite, that was a 6m Ozone Access depower kite, so a fairly high wind (30+ MPH) kite.

Oh yeah stacked flexifoil can really bite

D

Deleted member 41971

if you dont have sky, sky arts is on freeview 11,

been watching icon doc, fascinating look at music photography

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
If anyone is still up and looking for something to watch, there’s a good documentary about Jimi Hendrix on Sky Arts right now 🙂

There’s also Man Vs Food on the Food Network. The new presenter has a very interesting face.

D

Deleted member 41971

on sky arts yesterday there was queen from 1982 Milton Keynes concert, which somebody uploaded to youtube a few yrs ago, the more you watch freddie mercury the more captivating he was, the voice and on stage presence is just like wow, far better than a lot of music stars today.