My Asus N55S

spyglys

Bronze Level Poster
Hey guys, this is a question about my current laptop. Bassically when im running a game (guild wars 2) and my cpu gets to about 90 degrees while playing? is that normal?
any help is apreciated.
(other info:
my laptop is on a table with the fan ublocked as its on the side
it ussually gets trhis hot after about an hour or so)

Ninjax

Bronze Level Poster
http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=6324&p=3

with such sucky graphics , this cant play such games as GW2 , or crysis or anything that is very graphic demanding , imo ,
maybe play those games for 30mins, then give it a rest , I have a few friends who also have laptops with weak graphics , and they are always
"pushing the buck" with demanding games, etc ..... imo its only a matter of time before this treatment will damage the components ....

And to try and directly answer your question, yes its normal for the laptop to over heat that much ( since its being pushed to its limit) ...
of course as always, I stand to be corrected ,,

steaky360

I wouldn't like to run a laptop that hot for too long to be honest. I would suggest using a cooling stand or something similar but I'm not sure you'll get enough cooling performance out of that to increase your game time much. Might have to turn down the settings on the game!

Ninjax

Bronze Level Poster
maybe you could get by using a laptop cooling solution, i.e a laptop base with fans that the laptop sits on ....should help ...since keeping
the temps as low as possible will improve longevity of ur laptop ....

Wake

Silver Level Poster
To be fair when I had a 'few laptop woes' 3 years ago....

Rock = rubbish
Zepto = rubbish

Asus goddess came to my World of Warcraft rescue. A K50AB with a Turion ZM84, 4 GB RAM and 4570 - £500 or something. It's never missed a beat, the 'W' and 'S' have gone, I hit 2200 in arena 2s and 2s in 2 different seasons and it has travelled round Asia and eastern Europe more than 99% of the Global population - it's been freaking awesome. Despite the GPU it has been nothing short of outstanding and I will hand it over to my 13 year old daughter with a tear in my eye, knowing that it's
going to last another 10 years...excuse my emotion over my silicon friend......

spyglys

Bronze Level Poster
Hey guys, this is a question about my current laptop. Bassically when im running a game (guild wars 2) and my cpu gets to about 90 degrees while playing? is that normal?
any help is apreciated.
(other info:
my laptop is on a table with the fan ublocked as its on the side
it ussually gets trhis hot after about an hour or so)
the link you posted isnt my laptop. my laptop has a i5 2450m cpu with a geforece gt 635m
specs are:
i5 2450m @2.5ghz with turbo to 3.1Ghz
geforce gt 635m 2GB DDR5
640gb hdd
6gb ram
6x bluray optical drive
i dont try run the game at maximum setting i just enjoy playing it.

I will be building a AMD fx 8350 system in the coming year with probably a 7970 ghz edition

Last edited:

Ninjax

Bronze Level Poster
@spy , my bad , lol
that gpu may work for a bit, but for sure I wouldnt push heavy graphics, maybe the laptop cooler-stand will help ?

@wake , tbh that story is quite amazing , I never really trust laptops to do much "grunt" work in the gaming department ,
but then again that laptop of urs probably never had to play crysis or the like either ?
I also have some other friends with sucky graphics+laptops , who can play a game on like 10-20 frames/sec ...for me that
will just not do, and makes me cringe each time I wotch them play, ( and them saying "see it plays fine" ) ha ha ha ha ..too funny

Wake

Silver Level Poster
I have a desktop for Crysis and stuff - and it does e mail also...never works though, always in Dorset. Warcraft isn't a game, you dig? It's a way of life.

Ninjax

Bronze Level Poster
lol, I hear that, once I get my laptop there are going to be some serious hrs logged using
f12012/dirt2/dirt3/generals shockwave/CS/street fighter vs tekken/cricket07/crysis1,2,3 /battlefield/motogp2/colin macrare05/ and quite a bit more i'd
guess, gonna be put thru its paces for sure, and will keep this forum updates too , wink