My audio system, so near completion

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
He says if any fellow audiophiles are ever in the vicinity to get in touch so they can pay him a visit and listen to his system. That must be a once in a lifetime opportunity. The hardest part must be deciding which record to take with you to listen to.:)
62FF5070-CDA1-440E-89BE-D6E28EF6A9F8.jpeg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It must be exciting every time you play a record for the first time through these new speakers to see how it sounds like for example when you listened to Eric Clapton unplugged and Max Richters Voices box set.
That’s exactly what I’ve been doing, I’ve been going through mostly acoustic or live albums that I haven’t played for a while because they all just sound so much fuller and more immersive.

Glad you are so happy with your speakers, it must be a very apprehensive time listening for the first time as I appreciate the room, speaker placement, relationship with your other equipment and lots of other things can really change how they sound. Even if you have really done your homework like you did it still must be a nerve wrecking time as it is a big investment (time and money).
Absolutely! Very challenging thing with audio equipment, the only way to be 100% sure is to trial it in your system and see how it integrates with your individual setup. Luckily Buchardt do a 60 day open return from the date of receiving them so that you can do just that and they cover the return shipment costs if you do find they aren’t suitable which is extremely generous of them and shows their confidence in their products.

I’m extremely satisfied with them though, and will definitely be keeping them.

Next month I’ll be getting some ISOAcoustics Aperta desk isolation stands which should firm up the bass a little and generally tighten the sound:

slimbob

Enthusiast
That’s exactly what I’ve been doing, I’ve been going through mostly acoustic or live albums that I haven’t played for a while because they all just sound so much fuller and more immersive.

Absolutely! Very challenging thing with audio equipment, the only way to be 100% sure is to trial it in your system and see how it integrates with your individual setup. Luckily Buchardt do a 60 day open return from the date of receiving them so that you can do just that and they cover the return shipment costs if you do find they aren’t suitable which is extremely generous of them and shows their confidence in their products.

I’m extremely satisfied with them though, and will definitely be keeping them.

Next month I’ll be getting some ISOAcoustics Aperta desk isolation stands which should firm up the bass a little and generally tighten the sound:

Very good Buchardt give a 60-day open return and cover return shipping, that’s reassuring and like you say shows what confidence they have in their products. Those ISOAcoustics Aperta desk isolation stands look really impressive. Please post photos of your speakers on them when you get them and how they affect the sound. :)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Very good Buchardt give a 60-day open return and cover return shipping, that’s reassuring and like you say shows what confidence they have in their products. Those ISOAcoustics Aperta desk isolation stands look really impressive. Please post photos of your speakers on them when you get them and how they affect the sound. :)
I've got some ISOAcoustics Orea Bronze isolator feet replacing the stock feet on my record deck, so have some experience with their stuff, it's expensive, but the finish is really high quality so it becomes a piece rather than simply adding function without form which I appreciate, and the results are very worthwhile:

IMG_1981 (1).jpeg

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Piggybacking on the Spyder’s web, amongst the haul in my dad’s record collection is a pristine Rolling Stones EP, including their version of Little Red Rooster. Great song and a brilliant slide guitar performance from Brian Jones, the little percussive bounce on the strings he does after the second time Mick sings ‘dogs begin to bark’ is fan-bloody-excellent and really evokes a cacophony of woofs!

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Have you got Stop the Cavalry to hand? I can't help but think that would sound epic through a good system on Vinyl. No idea why that sprung into my head but I can just imagine the brass coming alive :D

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Have you got Stop the Cavalry to hand? I can't help but think that would sound epic through a good system on Vinyl. No idea why that sprung into my head but I can just imagine the brass coming alive :D
I don’t have that one actually.

slimbob

Enthusiast
Hey how are your new Buchardt Audio speakers doing? Have you noticed any more difference with bedding in / run in time.
I know you were made up from the start but just interested to see.
Cheers.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hey how are your new Buchardt Audio speakers doing? Have you noticed any more difference with bedding in / run in time.
I know you were made up from the start but just interested to see.
Cheers.
Hiya, I'm not sure I have noticed a difference really with burn in, they just generally sound excellent.

When I've got some spare cash after Xmas, I want to change out my EL34 tubes in my amp to KT88's which are supposed to be quite a leap in sonic power.

I think those will match better with the Buchardts which can certainly benefit from more oomph.

But I'm just loving the system now through and through, it's lovely, extremely happy. Probably the best investment for home life along with my coffee machine that I've ever made.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hiya, I'm not sure I have noticed a difference really with burn in, they just generally sound excellent.

When I've got some spare cash after Xmas, I want to change out my EL34 tubes in my amp to KT88's which are supposed to be quite a leap in sonic power.

I think those will match better with the Buchardts which can certainly benefit from more oomph.

But I'm just loving the system now through and through, it's lovely, extremely happy. Probably the best investment for home life along with my coffee machine that I've ever made.
Just additionally to this, my set up is by no means optimal, it's currently in a tiny room and using the speakers nearfield on the desk, and very close to the window and curtains behind. They're really good for that use as far as 2 way bookshelves go, but they'd be far far better properly setup on stands spaced to each end of the room and brought out a little to give space behind.

I do think that the current setup will be limiting what I'm able to hear.

I'm hoping to move in a couple of years and have it all setup in the living room properly, and I have no doubt that that's going to reveal so much more of what the speakers are capable of.

But it's still excellent and leaps and bounds over anything I've previously had.