My audio system, so near completion

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
OMG...... the deed is done, the button has been pushed, the fat lady is singing, and my wallet is crying.

I feel quite a comedown, from being so hyped for the last 2 weeks, I feel a level of exhaustion hitting me, hopefully I'll sleep now!

God, what an experience!

SiAdams

It's from Denmark, I'm hoping it may be air freight, but am allowing 2 weeks so as not to be too impatient. But I'm hoping they'll be here by the end of next week at the latest.

Not yet, have had to put that off due to other commitments, but have that lined up in a few months.

Ooooooo! That's a seriously good question, and I really like the idea of OK Computer.

I have a limited edition of the 20th Anniversary vinyl which I haven't played yet, perhaps this is the occasion.... I do adore that album!

Another contender that I will play early on is Above & Beyond - Acoustic, it's a really well produced live album and really good for judging instrument separation and depth when the speakers are set up correctly.

Also need some James Brown! I've got Get On The Good Foot and Motherlode that will definitely be being played!

And also, another one that has to be played is the Blues Brothers Soundtrack.

Lols, Trance is my main vibe, bit obsessed with The Thrillseekers and DJ Lange at the moment, they've just released some limited edition compilation records on Bandcamp since lockdown and have picked them all up, so those will all be queued as well!
Yes! My go to producer is M.I.K.E - push! I mean this guy made universal nation as a b side unknowing how good this track was going to be. Have you ever dabbled in production? I’ve had to uninstall Cubase as it just takes up way too much of my time. I’ll leave it for a later time in my life ha absolutely love trance mate. A track that gets played almost everyday is Darren rate - let the light shine in

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yes! My go to producer is M.I.K.E - push! I mean this guy made universal nation as a b side unknowing how good this track was going to be. Have you ever dabbled in production? I’ve had to uninstall Cubase as it just takes up way too much of my time. I’ll leave it for a later time in my life ha absolutely love trance mate. A track that gets played almost everyday is Darren rate - let the light shine in
I have universal nation on 12”, classic tune.

I dabble with Logic, but my MBP is quite old now, gonna invest in an M1 Mac mini sometime soon. But I can’t write trance, invariably write electro or ambient. Trance is just too complex for me.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Just got the despatched email!!!!
3BFBB18D-475D-45BE-B201-8722A89DCDCE.gif

SiAdams

I have universal nation on 12”, classic tune.

I dabble with Logic, but my MBP is quite old now, gonna invest in an M1 Mac mini sometime soon. But I can’t write trance, invariably write electro or ambient. Trance is just too complex for me.
Trance is complex. I’m a beginner although I did attend a course at manchester midi school. I’m still trying to understand sound design but like I said i just have the time unfortunately.
If you ever or have any completed tracks then I would love to hear them mate

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Delivery estimate is Tuesday which is quicker than I was expecting!

The honours are by UPS who I hold in high regard.

And I’ve just had my second jab so hoping I’ll be asleep for the next couple of days anyway :)

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
And I’ve just had my second jab so hoping I’ll be asleep for the next couple of days anyway :)
Hold on! Let me put on my medical head and give you advice that I’ve had to repeat over and over again recently (I’m also going to put on my mischievous hat and sneak something oblique in there, see if you can spot it).

Your second dose of the vaccine hopefully shouldn’t present any side effects as bad as the first, with any luck. You can take regular paracetamol and place an apple on your head whilst facing east if you get achy. Get plenty of rest and stay hydrated. If any side effects such as a strong persistent headache or shortness of breath appear, or last longer than a week, consult your GP.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hold on! Let me put on my medical head and give you advice that I’ve had to repeat over and over again recently (I’m also going to put on my mischievous hat and sneak something oblique in there, see if you can spot it).

Your second dose of the vaccine hopefully shouldn’t present any side effects as bad as the first, with any luck. You can take regular paracetamol and place an apple on your head whilst facing east if you get achy. Get plenty of rest and stay hydrated. If any side effects such as a strong persistent headache or shortness of breath appear, or last longer than a week, consult your GP.
Thank you good sir, appreciate the personal guidance :) I have heard some have had quite a knock with the second vaccine, but a friend of mine who had quite nasty fluey symptoms off the first jab, had her second yesterday and has had no symptoms whatsoever. The reason I was a bit suspect was my nose became very itchy like a sneeze is brewing about 10 minutes after the jab, plus have been sneezing a bit more probably as a result. Had the jab about 5pm and it's still the same.

If the vaccine doesn't knock me out I may have to find other methods. Since I don't drink, we're down to a food coma (ice cream is calling me), or good old fashioned bonk on the head. Or I could combine the two for a real low level knock out. Alternative suggestions welcome!

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor

Listen, whilst you're here....I have this embarrassing pimple - and a rash - on my...ummm...you know, there. :oops: What do you think?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
In tribute to @AgentCooper I'm giving this a spin before I get the new speakers fitted, so I can use it as a reference to judge any change in SQ and help with speaker setup.

This is the 20th Anniversary Remaster which is pretty incredible sound quality-wise, it's in fact utterly flawless actually have a limited edition copy on blue vinyl also but it's sealed in storage for when I rip through this copy).

I'll give it a spin tomorrow night as well to bed in my expectations.

My, oh how I've missed this album!

IMG_1946.jpeg

KippleKat

Enthusiast
In tribute to @AgentCooper I'm giving this a spin before I get the new speakers fitted, so I can use it as a reference to judge any change in SQ and help with speaker setup.

This is the 20th Anniversary Remaster which is pretty incredible sound quality-wise, it's in fact utterly flawless actually have a limited edition copy on blue vinyl also but it's sealed in storage for when I rip through this copy).

I'll give it a spin tomorrow night as well to bed in my expectations.

My, oh how I've missed this album!

View attachment 27523
This is one of my favourite albums. Good choice to christen your new sound system! 😍