My Bits And Bobs

Matt

Bright Spark
Urgh man, i swear i have no luck.

I double checked the leds, yes i did have one wrong. During the checking process i went to remove all the nearby cables to make things easier including sata cables. As i pulled out 1 set of sata cables i heard a click, turns out that part of the hard drive connection got removed and was stuck inside the end of the sata cable.

End result, hard drive is unusable because a new sata wire won't stay plugged in. Running raid (0) that means ive lost all my data. :(

At last im up and running, pinched an unused HD from my girlfriends pc and currently installing updates for vista 64.

Haven't been able to try out the new graphics card yet, been doing all this since my last post. FML.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
You're not the first!

However you can often push the end part back into the pins to get it working again :)

Matt

Bright Spark
You're not the first!

However you can often push the end part back into the pins to get it working again :)

Yeah i tried for 15 minutes, then finally gave up.

Out of interest how much do your 150gig hard drives cost? Or do you still sell 80gig ones?

Matt

Bright Spark
Guys i need your help. I have all my leds setup correctly. Pc is working fine.

However the two lights i have on the front, are normally blue, now they are orange, and they flicker constanlty, more so when the computer is doing something.

It seems to be working fine though, not sure why that have gone from blue to orange.

Gorman

Author Level
That's odd i remember the last 150gig i bought from you being around £30. (could be slightly more or less)

Yeah PCS quoted a Velciraptor 10,000 rpm drive. The fast ones. We dont sell normal 150's anymore.

Guys i need your help. I have all my leds setup correctly. Pc is working fine.

However the two lights i have on the front, are normally blue, now they are orange, and they flicker constanlty, more so when the computer is doing something.

It seems to be working fine though, not sure why that have gone from blue to orange.

The LED's have changed colour? unless there are two different types of LED in there, that cant be possible! Can you send us a pic of your front panel header on the motherboard where you ahve plugged in the HDD LED / Power LED etc?

Matt

Bright Spark
Yeah PCS quoted a Velciraptor 10,000 rpm drive. The fast ones. We dont sell normal 150's anymore.

The LED's have changed colour? unless there are two different types of LED in there, that cant be possible! Can you send us a pic of your front panel header on the motherboard where you ahve plugged in the HDD LED / Power LED etc?

I can try a picture yeah no problem, not sure how much you will be able to see or tell from that.

I'll go do it shortly.

Also, there are two power leds a 3 pin one and a 2 pin one. I have the 3 pin plugged into a two pin with a space in between.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
That's odd i remember the last 150gig i bought from you being around £30. (could be slightly more or less)

The standard 250GB are around £30, but as Gorman said I quoted on a VelociRaptor, which are more expensive as they're a performance drive.

Matt

Bright Spark
At a guess youve connected the power LED to the HDD LED - thats why its flickering?

I thought i followed the guide in the motherboard, but the flickering orange lights where the power and hard drive indicates you might be right.

I dunno.

I've been having a ton of problems, still haven't been able to try that graphics card out yet.

Considering buying windows 7.

PaulH

Bright Spark
There are 2 LED colours behind it, ones for the HDD and ones for the power, its lal it could be as LEDS dont just change colour from blue to orange :)

Matt

Bright Spark
Once i get things back up and running ill pull out all the nearby cables and get a closeup of the motherboard led wires, see if you can advise me any further. Looking like that will be tomorrow now.

Matt

Bright Spark
Up and running with Windows 7 64bit Ultimate. Took me a while to get it all up to date, and install all the drivers and such.

Now i can start installing games, but not before i grabbed myself an Ati Windows 7 theme. Yeah, thats how i roll baby. :cool:

2v3j39x.jpg

2lly80g.jpg

In case anyone else wants it...

http://qooy.com/files/0GHVFDIQ/ATI_7_1.1.rar

:eek:

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
See here:

p5q.jpg

Try changing the IDE_LED round the other way (swapping the + and -)