My Custom Laptop Problem

sean_cov

I bought a laptop from PCS almost two weeks ago and it still shows in "pre-production" this wait is becoming ridiculous as it is needed for the end of this week and within the 7-9 day wait this would and should have been possible however it is now Monday with it being in pre-production for its 7th working day (this is according to the website) I am seriously starting to doubt it will get here in time which is making me distrust PCS which I do not want to do having heard so many good things about them.
My model was the Optimus III and is now the IV which I do understand there was a backlog of orders but being in "pre-production" still is ridiculous!

sean_cov

Thanks, hoping to get it in writing though as you know what these companies can be like they can say something and then the end result is something else at least if its in writing then I have some proof of what they have said.

Robbo995

Unfortunately there is quite a big backlog as I understand.

I am currently on working day 17 and still in pre-production.

The 7-9 days wait is an approximate and not a guarantee but it still might be worth giving them a call to see what stage your order is at. Sometimes they don't update the order status so it could be behind because of that.

It sucks to have to wait so long, by the time I have received my laptop it will probably have taken nearly a month in total from order to delivery but there's not too much you can do.

I will say though that apart from sometimes being slow on the online support, the customer support in general has been pretty good and all the PCS employees have been helpful and polite.

steaky360

Thanks, hoping to get it in writing though as you know what these companies can be like they can say something and then the end result is something else at least if its in writing then I have some proof of what they have said.

Your best bet to get something in writing is to email them mate :) - But as tom/Robbo suggested definitely a good idea to give them a buzz! The guys on the phone will set you straight and probably be able to give a guestimate as to how long its going to take!

Still, free upgrade's are always good? Hope its worth the wait (I'm sure it will be!)

sean_cov

Yeah I got told today via an email from Paul Harrison that the order should be with me either by the end of this week or the beginning of next! Fingers crossed for this!