My first Steam question

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Steam, it seems, stays running even after you close a game (and the Steam window). There is a Steam icon in the system tray for example.

It would appear that Steam running in this way is stopping my monitor from tuning off due to inactivity.

If I manually exit Steam from the system try icon, my monitor tuns off as normal.

Any suggestions on how I can leave Steam running in the system tray and still turn the monitor off when otherwise inactive?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Steam, it seems, stays running even after you close a game (and the Steam window). There is a Steam icon in the system tray for example.

It would appear that Steam running in this way is stopping my monitor from tuning off due to inactivity.

If I manually exit Steam from the system try icon, my monitor tuns off as normal.

Any suggestions on how I can leave Steam running in the system tray and still turn the monitor off when otherwise inactive?
You can set weather to have steam open at startup in the settings, and also if it minimises to system tray or properly exits. Same with any gaming platform.

I think it’s in the interface menu.

Last edited:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Thanks. Steam no longer starts with Windows and I now exit Steam rather than close the Window. It is strange behaviour though, perhaps it some of the Steam settings I have that stop the display turning off? I'll investigate further....

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I had problems with mine not so long ago, whatever I did when I voted windows, steam would open in the store or liberty and wouldn't automatically minimise to the task bar

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
You can set up Steam to start/shut down your computer and manage downloads and stuff through the phone app, maybe a borked setting is preventing the shut down