My laptop's fan totally broken,who should i find to fix?

fenzhu

I bought this at 01-04-2020, and i got "3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)" , it not 3 year yet. so who should i find and what i need to do to fix it?

barlew

Godlike
I bought this at 01-04-2020, and i got "3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)" , it not 3 year yet. so who should i find and what i need to do to fix it?
Go into your account on the PCS website and book out an RMA for the laptop.

Click on My Returns > Request an RMA

fenzhu

Go into your account on the PCS website and book out an RMA for the laptop.

Click on My Returns > Request an RMA
thanks for helping.so i pick return my laptop and then pay 35 £, they will come to collect my laptop or i have to mail it to them my self?

Bhuna50

Author Level
Assuming you are in the UK, yes.

The process usually goes like this:

- Customer has issue with machine and needs to return it - so goes into account area, logs an RMA

- Pays the £35 fee - this covers collection, inspection and return postage.

- They will inspect the machine to check for your fault and possibly others as well to let you know.

- they will then provide you with a price to fix / replace the broken component (as you still have labour covered then this quote would only be for the component itself).

- you can then either reject that quote and they will return the laptop to you OR you pay what they have quoted for your replacement component(s) - if you pay, then they fix it

- machine then gets returned to you all wrapped up in a nice bubble wrap and cardboard boxing again. Usually by courier again so you know when its coming back etc.

fenzhu

- Customer has issue with machine and needs to return it - so goes into account area, logs an RMA

- They will inspect the machine to check for your fault and possibly others as well to let you know.

- they will then provide you with a price to fix / replace the broken component (as you still have labour covered then this quote would only be for the component itself).

- you can then either reject that quote and they will return the laptop to you OR you pay what they have quoted for your replacement component(s) - if you pay, then they fix it

- machine then gets returned to you all wrapped up in a nice bubble wrap and cardboard boxing again. Usually by courier again so you know when its coming back etc.
thank you sooo much that's really clear and helpful.

fenzhu

some further question: i m in UK but i dont have my own credit card, i so barrow my friend's card to pay it. how they know here to collect my laptop?
how they tell me they are arrive? though email or phone number of my account?
i pay it at 11/01/2022, when they will come to collect my laptop and normally how long they need to repair the laptop.
sorry i got a lot question.

Bhuna50

Author Level
You would have completed your address in the details.

You will get an email re collection date when they approve the RMA

No idea how long they will take sorry - you will have to ask them directly.

fenzhu

my laptop got some bad voices on it's fan, and kind of over heat, so i sent it back for RMA,it still in 3 year labour, i order it at 11-01-2022 and ....
Date Generated24/01/2022 @ 18:08:16
Collection DayTuesday 25th January 2022
Date Received28/01/2022 @ 08:41:35
now is 5/2/2022, i still got no reply on my laptop... anyone knows normally how long it takes to check a laptop? and repair? or i better go their offline shop to check?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
my laptop got some bad voices on it's fan, and kind of over heat, so i sent it back for RMA,it still in 3 year labour, i order it at 11-01-2022 and ....
Date Generated24/01/2022 @ 18:08:16
Collection DayTuesday 25th January 2022
Date Received28/01/2022 @ 08:41:35
now is 5/2/2022, i still got no reply on my laptop... anyone knows normally how long it takes to check a laptop? and repair? or i better go their offline shop to check?
It will take about 4 weeks from the time they receive it.