My New 4K Gaming PC

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Even though my PC is from PCS, I'm guessing that this sort of upgrade is going into the realm of self build?,
Yeah, once you've gone AM4 to AM5, it's basically a full rebuild, but I wouldn't recommend it, it's a huge waste of money, you won't get any significant improvement over 5800X3D, not worth the price increase anyway, totally not worth it.

robin h 25

Yeah, once you've gone AM4 to AM5, it's basically a full rebuild, but I wouldn't recommend it, it's a huge waste of money, you won't get any significant improvement over 5800X3D, not worth the price increase anyway, totally not worth it.
I was just looking around at some options, but figured that would be the case, it was just a bit of a shock to see the price on PCS upgrade go up from £385 to £416.

My X570 / AM4 system still got some good years left in it before a new full system build , getting a 5800X3D at some point will extend the life of my PC even more,

I do want to get the most out my X570 for years to come, and my concern in earlier post of newer upcoming games where the 3700X is becoming minimum requirement for some games,

I'm 100% in on getting a 5800X3D at some point,
Just depends on the upgrade prices from PCS compared to the prices thats on Amazon

£416 to upgrade through PCS is just too high, £263 on Amazon is very tempting.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I was just looking around at some options, but figured that would be the case, it was just a bit of a shock to see the price on PCS upgrade go up from £385 to £416.

My X570 / AM4 system still got some good years left in it before a new full system build , getting a 5800X3D at some point will extend the life of my PC even more,

I do want to get the most out my X570 for years to come, and my concern in earlier post of newer upcoming games where the 3700X is becoming minimum requirement for some games,

I'm 100% in on getting a 5800X3D at some point,
Just depends on the upgrade prices from PCS compared to the prices thats on Amazon

£416 to upgrade through PCS is just too high, £263 on Amazon is very tempting.
I’d personally just buy a 5800X3D from somewhere and fit it myself.

robin h 25

After I sent PCS an email about updating my BIOS, I got a reply back from PCS on 20th December, they said it was ok for me to update my BIOS,
I went ahead and updated my BIOS yesterday, My PC is now ready for Windows 11,
But I see this message in my Windows update settings -
Great news—your PC meets the minimum system requirements for Windows 11. Specific timing for when it will be offered can vary as we get it ready for you.
Guessing I need to wait until it's ready to be offered so I can install it,

Also went ahead today and ordered a 5800X3D and some thermal paste, should arrive on Thursday 8th.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
After I sent PCS an email about updating my BIOS, I got a reply back from PCS on 20th December, they said it was ok for me to update my BIOS,
I went ahead and updated my BIOS yesterday, My PC is now ready for Windows 11,
But I see this message in my Windows update settings -
Great news—your PC meets the minimum system requirements for Windows 11. Specific timing for when it will be offered can vary as we get it ready for you.
Guessing I need to wait until it's ready to be offered so I can install it,

Also went ahead today and ordered a 5800X3D and some thermal paste, should arrive on Thursday 8th.
You can manually flash windows 11 if windows update isn't serving it, just download the windows installation assistant:

But as always, it would never be advised to do an upgrade in place. Always to a clean install with major version updates otherwise it tends to be the case you lose available performance due to cluttered OS files.

robin h 25

Windows 11 is installed and running fine, just have to get use to the new layout,

Installed the 5800X3D today, temps seem fine on idle and under gaming, gaming performance has increased by a fair amount, I've been playing Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League over the past couple of days at 4K, medium/ high settings, and getting around 40 - 60 fps,
Played Suicide Squad for an hour today after installing the 5800X3D, same ingame setting used, now seeing 90 - 110 fps, That tells me, my 3080ti must of been bottlenecked by the 3700X, so i'm quite happy with this upgrade, and glad i didn't opt to spend 1000's to just go for a 7800X3D,

Though a small issue has come up, one of my CPU radiator fans is now uncontrollable in icue, it's still running but i can't control the speed, in icue it show it's rpm as zero, but looking at the fan in the BIOS, it running at around 4000 rpm, and cant seem to change the fan speed in the BIOS either,

I've uninstalled and completely removed Icue, then downloaded and installed it again, still no change with the fan,

I've not changed anything or done anything other than, when I came to installing the 5800X3D, I turned off the switch at the back of the PSU to power PC off, removed GPU to have more working space, took the AIO pump off, cleaned up the old thermal paste, removed 3700X, installed 5800X3D applied new thermal paste, put the AIO pump back on, put GPU back in, then turned PC back on.

I don't know why the one fan is acting the way it is.

EDIT: I've fixed the fan issue, i must of slightly snagged the fan cable and pull it out a little when i removed the AIO pump, I've made sure all cable are now all connected.

Attachments

• Icue sensors.png
    Icue sensors.png
    1,012.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Windows 11 is installed and running fine, just have to get use to the new layout,

Installed the 5800X3D today, temps seem fine on idle and under gaming, gaming performance has increased by a fair amount, I've been playing Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League over the past couple of days at 4K, medium/ high settings, and getting around 40 - 60 fps,
Played Suicide Squad for an hour today after installing the 5800X3D, same ingame setting used, now seeing 90 - 110 fps, That tells me, my 3080ti must of been bottlenecked by the 3700X, so i'm quite happy with this upgrade, and glad i didn't opt to spend 1000's to just go for a 7800X3D,

Though a small issue has come up, one of my CPU radiator fans is now uncontrollable in icue, it's still running but i can't control the speed, in icue it show it's rpm as zero, but looking at the fan in the BIOS, it running at around 4000 rpm, and cant seem to change the fan speed in the BIOS either,

I've uninstalled and completely removed Icue, then downloaded and installed it again, still no change with the fan,

I've not changed anything or done anything other than, when I came to installing the 5800X3D, I turned off the switch at the back of the PSU to power PC off, removed GPU to have more working space, took the AIO pump off, cleaned up the old thermal paste, removed 3700X, installed 5800X3D applied new thermal paste, put the AIO pump back on, put GPU back in, then turned PC back on.

I don't know why the one fan is acting the way it is.

EDIT: I've fixed the fan issue, i must of slightly snagged the fan cable and pull it out a little when i removed the AIO pump, I've made sure all cable are now all connected.
These X3D chips are quite remarkable for gaming, and the 5800X3D still outperforms some of the lower 7000 non X3d parts in gaming, it’s still a very capable processor.

Very worthwhile upgrade!

robin h 25

Thank you for the tips and advice, I should be good for many more years, only upgrades i see now are future GPU's,
Though i was tempted by the new rtx 4080 super, but will stick to my guns and will wait as i said in one of my older post's of when i got my 3080ti, that i would wait for the rtx 5000 series as my next possible GPU upgrade, be it a rtx 5080 / 5080ti / 5080 super or whatever they'll get called.