My new PCS PC 3 (2).jpg
My new PCS PC 2.jpg

new PC 2 s.jpg
My new PCS PC 1.jpg

new PC 3 s.jpg

Case
CORSAIR CRYSTAL SERIES 680X RGB GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Eight Core CPU (3.6GHz-4.4GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
ASUS® TUF X570-PLUS GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX) - RGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
EVGA XC RTX 2080 Ti
1st Storage Drive
1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1003FZEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB CORSAIR MP600 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe (up to 4950MB/R, 4250MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
NOT REQUIRED
Power Supply
CORSAIR 750W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Processor Cooling
Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]
Browser
Google Chrome™

Edited: Upgrades...
2nd M.2 SSD Drive
1TB CORSAIR MP600 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe (up to 4950MB/R, 4250MB/W)
Graphics Card
EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Power Supply
CORSAIR 1000W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
20210820_150032.jpg

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
By the way, you're about the first person to post a new build with the MP600 PCIe 4 M2 drive? How is it?

robin h 25

By the way, you're about the first person to post a new build with the MP600 PCIe 4 M2 drive? How is it?

It's fast, Just off the top of my head for an example playing Spacehulk Deathwing, when it was on my HDD, would take anywhere around and up to, if not more than 2 - 3 minutes just to load into a game from the main menu, now on the SSD it just a matter of seconds,

With Star Citizen, it loads up and loads in pretty quick, although it is recommended to have the game on a fast SSD,

Windows and all my game are loading up much faster than before with how they used to be for me,
I don't know how it would compare to other SSD in how fast it is, as in for example, if someone already has an Samsung 970 Evo, To upgrade to what i now have, may not see much of a difference, but for me going from HDD to SSD is huge, less time waiting , more time playing.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It's fast, Just off the top of my head for an example playing Spacehulk Deathwing, when it was on my HDD, would take anywhere around and up to, if not more than 2 - 3 minutes just to load into a game from the main menu, now on the SSD it just a matter of seconds,

With Star Citizen, it loads up and loads in pretty quick, although it is recommended to have the game on a fast SSD,

Windows and all my game are loading up much faster than before with how they used to be for me,
I don't know how it would compare to other SSD in how fast it is, as in for example, if someone already has an Samsung 970 Evo, To upgrade to what i now have, may not see much of a difference, but for me going from HDD to SSD is huge, less time waiting , more time playing.
That’s the thing, perhaps compared to a top of the range Samsung Evo 970 M2 there wouldn’t be that much difference, but I bet there is from the more common m2 drives that are around the 2500mbs range for reads, and even those are stupidly fast.

For me, I’d be coming from a SATA SSD at 500mbs, so it’s going to be an incredible upgrade when I get around to it!

robin h 25

Well... My PC is now 3 years old and still going strong🎂🍰🥳,with not a single issue/problem as of yet, I can't thank enough for the advice that was given on this forum and to those who build / tested / packed it.

As much as i would like to get all of the new shiny hardware to stay up to date and despite my PC being 3 years old, It still feel that it has another 5 years or more life left in it, before a full system upgrade, with the odd upgrade now and than before that time comes (mainly GPU's).

robin h 25

My PC is now 4 years old🎂, and still running flawlessly,

Though I do have to admit as time goes on, that there's a small bit of concern creeping in, with the CPU on the recommended spec's for newer and upcoming games where the Ryzen 7 3700X is becoming minimum requirement to run some games,
other then that there nothing wrong with my PC, it's running fine, current games run fine and at this moment in time, I still feel that there no need to upgrade anything as of yet,

Forgot to mention in my last years post when my PC turned 3 years old that my warranty on the PC ran out, I had the silver warranty when I bought the PC.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
My PC is now 4 years old🎂, and still running flawlessly,

Though I do have to admit as time goes on, that there's a small bit of concern creeping in, with the CPU on the recommended spec's for newer and upcoming games where the Ryzen 7 3700X is becoming minimum requirement to run some games,
other then that there nothing wrong with my PC, it's running fine, current games run fine and at this moment in time, I still feel that there no need to upgrade anything as of yet,

Forgot to mention in my last years post when my PC turned 3 years old that my warranty on the PC ran out, I had the silver warranty when I bought the PC.
Great thing about AM4 is that if some newer games do demand silly cpu specs, you can drop in a 5800x3d for not a substantial outlay.

robin h 25

Thought i'd ask for some advice on somethings on/about my PC,

1st.
I'd seen a post on here about windows 10 vs 11, That windows 10 end support in about a year?
I'm still on windows 10 and my PC wont upgrade to windows 11, I tried when windows 11 first came out but my PC needs to have TPM 2.0 on in the bios,

I've seen a few videos on how to do this but want to make sure that it's ok to do,

I took a picture of my bios for TPM 2.0 and the notice i get if i'd change the option from discrete TPM to firmware TPM which is what i think i need to do to be able to get/upgrade to windows 11...
20231218_191445 tpm.jpg

2nd.
If i do upgrade my CPU to the 5800X3D at some point, Im guessing im going to need to update my bios,
My current bios version is still the same as when i got the PC, It's running version 1271, I've seen on the Asus site that the latest bios version for my motherboard is 5003,

I'm not sure if a bios update is needed to support this TPM 2.0 for windows 11,
I've read around on different sites that some people say not to update bios unless there's something wrong or issues with PC's but some others say to always update to the latest version,

I'm kind of 50/50 on what to do, I'm happy to tinker and replace/upgrade parts on my PC if need be, But firmware/software/bios side of things, scares me, I want to make sure if anything i need to do, is ok to do.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thought i'd ask for some advice on somethings on/about my PC,

1st.
I'd seen a post on here about windows 10 vs 11, That windows 10 end support in about a year?
I'm still on windows 10 and my PC wont upgrade to windows 11, I tried when windows 11 first came out but my PC needs to have TPM 2.0 on in the bios,

I've seen a few videos on how to do this but want to make sure that it's ok to do,

I took a picture of my bios for TPM 2.0 and the notice i get if i'd change the option from discrete TPM to firmware TPM which is what i think i need to do to be able to get/upgrade to windows 11...
View attachment 39629

2nd.
If i do upgrade my CPU to the 5800X3D at some point, Im guessing im going to need to update my bios,
My current bios version is still the same as when i got the PC, It's running version 1271, I've seen on the Asus site that the latest bios version for my motherboard is 5003,

I'm not sure if a bios update is needed to support this TPM 2.0 for windows 11,
I've read around on different sites that some people say not to update bios unless there's something wrong or issues with PC's but some others say to always update to the latest version,

I'm kind of 50/50 on what to do, I'm happy to tinker and replace/upgrade parts on my PC if need be, But firmware/software/bios side of things, scares me, I want to make sure if anything i need to do, is ok to do.
I would personally just flash the latest non beta BIOS as it sets the fTPM and secure boot etc required for windows 11 as defaults, so from there you should be good to upgrade.

But yes, also if you want to upgrade to a later gen cpu you’d need a BIOS update for that too.

I’m gonna get shouted at here, but I’ve not bound by the old addage of “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”, that was absolutely relevant back in the old days, but really since XP and PCs becoming online at all times, things shifted quite quickly, and the way in which products are released not as polished as they were back in those days means that updates are imperative for proper working.

In the old days, you couldn’t just get someone to download a new BIOS or a driver update, any updates were issued on disks which was extremely expensive and generally avoided. There was no such thing as windows updates, you got a service pack once a year which applied that years updates that Microsoft had been working on.

Plus, certainly enthusiast (gaming) PCs were really still very niche, with a far smaller user base and substantially smaller 3rd party manufacturer numbers.

So products were not released as unpolished as they are today because if they were, it cost the manufacturer many thousands to ship out fixes to each customer worldwide. Plus as things were rarely updating, what software was running on it rarely changed for any versioning to be required anyway.

Plus, a BIOS flash these days is nothing like as low level as it used to be, you had no windows based way of flashing, you could only do it through the board itself, and even if the BIOS flash is interupted these days, the system will often not be bricked like used to happen, there are far better protections in place. I’m by no means advocating anyone to be careless over a BIOS flash, merely saying the inbuilt protections in place compared to even 10 years ago are substantial and effective.

IMHO with how security updates in Agesa code, RAM stability plus added cpu support, you should always keep your BIOS up to date.

[Braces for impact]

Last edited:

robin h 25

BUT DO STILL GET PCS APPROVAL TO FLASH THE BIOS
I've sent them a message through email and will wait for reply before doing anything,

Just had a look at the Upgrade my PC, of my account, just to see the current cost/prices of a 5800X3D,
To upgrade through PCS - £385
Scan.co.uk prices - £279,
Amazon.co.uk prices - £265

Not something im going to get just yet, but will likely wait on a sale event at some point, Black Friday / January Sales and so on.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've sent them a message through email and will wait for reply before doing anything,

Just had a look at the Upgrade my PC, of my account, just to see the current cost/prices of a 5800X3D,
To upgrade through PCS - £385
Scan.co.uk prices - £279,
Amazon.co.uk prices - £265

Not something im going to get just yet, but will likely wait on a sale event at some point, Black Friday / January Sales and so on.
Wow is it really that expensive through PCS?

That surprises me, when you get a response I’d query that as I wonder if that may be a big on the upgrade system.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
It hasn't been that high a price on the general market for over a year which is when it got an official price reduction from AMD

I realise PCS sales aren't gonna be the same as the general marketplace and they won't be shifting many with most new systems going for 7000 series, but that does still strike me as unusually high.
Yeah £120 more than amazon is a lot

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I think that was why they never allowed me to see the upgrade price in my account, and was why I started my musings about moving up to a 7800x3D build instead of upgrading to the 5800x3D 😁

robin h 25

While having a another look, I've seen this on the PCS upgrade option...
5800X3D on PCS - £416 :eek:🫣
5800X3D on Amazon at the moment - £263 - dropped down by £2
PCS Ryzen 5800x3d.png

At that price, I was contemplating on the 7800X3D, I know that would mean a new Motherboard / RAM / CPU AIO cooler for AM5, that's pretty much 2/3 a new PC build...
As the 7800X3D come in cheaper than 5800X3D
I had seen these on Amazon and the price's it came too...
amazon 7800x3d upgrade.png

Even though my PC is from PCS, I'm guessing that this sort of upgrade is going into the realm of self build?,
It's not something i'd want to do, I'd like to get the most out of my X570 system.

I wonder if PCS will ever do Motherboard bundles in the upgrade options, Just like Scan.co.uk does, here an example from Scan that i've seen...
https://www.scan.co.uk/products/3xs...670e-a-gaming-wifi-32gb-ddr5-corsair-h100i-ca

Now were in the new year, I was just looking at/for those January sale price's🔍,
As i keep saying, I'm in no rush to upgrade anything yet, but i'm thinking of getting a 5800X3D into my system sometime before the time comes when support for Windows 10 ends.
I would like to get the 5800X3D from PCS at sometime but at the current price, it's a no go.