Cooler master red LED fans
Cooler Master Green LED fans.

Attachments

• IMG_20141225_134354804.jpg
    IMG_20141225_134354804.jpg
    994.1 KB · Views: 297
Last edited:

iamken

Oh also got x4 256GB crucial SSD's in raid so just over 1TB.
1TB WD Black HDD.
Windows 8.1.

Super fast.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Easy guys, it's this guys first build, we all start somewhere...

To OP, I think what the guys are saying is that the stock coolers are very inefficient both for cooling potential and noise. If you haven't heard it yet or seen the temps spike it's because you haven't pushed your cpu or because the fan profiles are not set correctly. Basically, when you're gaming or running processor intensive tasks, it'll sound like world war 3 and the CPU will hit close to max temps which means thermal throttling, drops in performance and reduced lifespan. It's very advised not to use stock coolers for any kind of performance build at all.

iamken

That puts your CPU at full load?

No, but to use it as an example is fine. Dolphin uses all four cores and is CPU heavy.

I can also run games like War thunder, Elite Dangerous, Dayz, Borderlands pre sequel :- on ultra/movie settings at 1080p at a steady 60fps on a 27" monitor.
I can run those games - without my GPU connected - on high settings at at least 60fps too.

Stick to your laptop, just because you are a regular poster, it doesn't mean you know jack.

:tank:

Also I have been watching my CPU temps and they never go above 37 degrees C.
My case is big, my airflow is great - using negative pressure technique(all fans sucking air out of the case).
My GPU is a mini atx size with great temps (around 70 degrees C at max)
CPU fan is calibrated and controlled with my MSI gaming mobo software. It is silent.
The most noise comes from my WD Black edition HDD. Rest of the system is pretty much silent.

Last edited:

mrducking

Bright Spark
just saying, but if the guy is fine with the stock cooler, why spend more money in something he doesnt need? maybe at a later date he wants to squeeze the cpu to its max potential and he will get a better cooler, meanwhile he is just fine
"if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

iamken

just saying, but if the guy is fine with the stock cooler, why spend more money in something he doesnt need? maybe at a later date he wants to squeeze the cpu to its max potential and he will get a better cooler, meanwhile he is just fine
"if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Exactly. Thank you. My CPU is not OC compatible so no NEED for a better cooler. No need at all. My mobo is OC compatible so if I require a better CPU in 5 years, I will get a i7****K version with a better cooler.
For now, it is a waste of money, time, effort. It is plain NOT NEEDED.