My new beauty :3

Gorman

Author Level
PC's are always ongoing projects though, im sure mine started as a £500 machine. i hate to think what ive spent on it now.

Sweeney47

tell me about it, i made the mistake of buying an alienware which was just shy of £2,000 with 4 years warranty... a year later I was upgrading graphics card, another 2 years after that I was buying more RAM.... now im buying a brand new PC ;)

I don't smoke or anything so I like to think of it as my addiction of which I spend the money in bulk every couple of years rather than buying cigarettes every day :D

Gorman

Author Level
tell me about it, i made the mistake of buying an alienware which was just shy of £2,000 with 4 years warranty... a year later I was upgrading graphics card, another 2 years after that I was buying more RAM.... now im buying a brand new PC ;)

They grow up so fast :(

Gorman

Author Level
^Yeah, sweeney... But IMO Alienware is WAY too overpriced :\
Anone else agrees/disagrees?

There is quite a big paying for the brand factor, and the custom cases they do although nice (sometimes, whats the new mechanical vent all about?) add a lot to the price.

Sweeney47

yeah totally, having learnt a bit more about PC's since i bought my alienware i felt safer looking elsewhere, If i build the same system I have with PCS at Alienware its £600 more... thats 50% extra....

steveuk87

Super Star
Alienware cases are epic but so not worth the money!!

PCS are well worth the money and have awsome aftercare/tech support

Steve

Sweeney47

I love my case but I dont think my friend (who is buying my Alienware when my new one arrives) would appreciate getting just a motherboard with things plugged into it if I decided to keep the case :)

steveuk87

Super Star
I love my case but I dont think my friend (who is buying my Alienware when my new one arrives) would appreciate getting just a motherboard with things plugged into it if I decided to keep the case :)

**Wets self** anyway before Gorman starts ranting again.. off topic.

Awsome build for the price mate hope u get it soon!!
Enjoy otherwise that necklace will be going back also i assume :p

Steve

MiRc34

Silver Level Poster
**Wets self** anyway before Gorman starts ranting again.. off topic.

Awsome build for the price mate hope u get it soon!!
Enjoy otherwise that necklace will be going back also i assume :p

Steve

Thanks, everyone says that the price is good for the components... To be honest I would have not used the i7 at its full potential with 8 fancy GB ram etc. I will mainly use the PC for gaming at medium video settings and a little bit of photo editing... That's all...
Hope it gets here by the end of July as I won't have much free time from then on :\

LDUK

Master Poster
I think Alienware is way overrated. I'm not to much of a fan on the look either. I prefer a more rugged look to PCs.

MiRc34

Silver Level Poster
Yay, it now changed its status from Processing to In Building. Awaiting for the arrival of the i5-750 now :\
Chose the fast delivery (10 AM), so the whole PC should arrive 1 day after the CPU arrives :3

Is there something wrong if I chose that case (which it says it is only for video editing/office) and I'm going to use the PC as a little gaming rig? Won't overclock or something...

Last edited:

Sweeney47

case should be fine I would have thought, if you're doing extreme gaming and going for one of the big boy cards its often better to have a 'gaming' case because they will have better airflow and can shift the hot air easier. I havnt really looked at your case in any detail though but I wouldn't have thought you'd have too many issues...

when did you order your PC out of interest... ordered mine on saturday and its still in pre-production :(

Last edited: