My new Gaming PC - please let me know your thoughts.

So I can basically use the HDD from my old setup which is a nice 2TB HDD and then I can get the Windows with it at as well so I save the extra £100 ? Would that work?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So I can basically use the HDD from my old setup which is a nice 2TB HDD and then I can get the Windows with it at as well so I save the extra £100 ? Would that work?
You download windows installer from Microsoft (free) and use your existing key to license it. If it’s windows 10, then you can tie the license to your Microsoft account ready for when you reinstall.

I'll do that and save another £100. So will go with the RADEON 550 4GB as GPU. And will wait for new one to come out and I'll upgrade then same as with monitor.

And that should be it for a good few years I hope.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'll do that and save another £100. So will go with the RADEON 550 4GB as GPU. And will wait for new one to come out and I'll upgrade then same as with monitor.

And that should be it for a good few years I hope.
Just to reiterate though, there's absolutely nothing wrong with your current PC, you're not going to see any improvement with this one.

It would make more sense just to upgrade the GPU in your current rig.

Well yeah, it's really slow, I hate the case, not enough airflow in it, I just want a brand new pc with a decent case and components that I know they gonna run decent for a few years, with maybe a few upgrades when needed.

That's the main reason.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Well yeah, it's really slow, I hate the case, not enough airflow in it, I just want a brand new pc with a decent case and components that I know they gonna run decent for a few years, with maybe a few upgrades when needed.

That's the main reason.
You need to address your current pc, not replace it, it’s just crazy.

By the time I'm gonna change the case, motherboard, cpu, gpu add RAM and buy new SSD that's just the same thing as building new one.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
By the time I'm gonna change the case, motherboard, cpu, gpu add RAM and buy new SSD that's just the same thing as building new one.
But none of that needs replacing that's the whole point.

We can't advise on competitor builds, but I'd seriously recommend going on to tom's hardware and getting some advice on upgrading your current PC, or help with reinstalling windows if that turns out to be the issue.

The point is, your current specs will give exactly the same performance as a brand new one. It's not the PC that's causing the issue.

It may be just the GPU that needs updating.

But I promise you, getting a whole new computer is crazy and completely unnecessary, you need to troubleshoot your current PC to identify the issue which will be a max of 2 components. If you were to spend what you were going to spend on a whole new build on just the components that needed fixing and a monitor to match, you would have a VASTLY more powerful computer than what you'd planned to buy new.

The current GPU is a GeForce GTX 1050 2GB. Could be, but I also want to upgrade to the AMD CPU, much better than the i5. I will see what I'll do, I might just build a new one and keep this old one as well and work on it. I just for a long time wanted a nice looking PC :D especially for gaming, lights and crazy stuff :D

CaseCORSAIR iCUE 220T RGB AIRFLOW MID TOWER GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Eight Core CPU (3.9GHz-4.5GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® TUF X570-PLUS GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX) - RGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card4GB AMD RADEON™ RX 550 - HDMI, DP, DVI - DX® 12
1st Storage Drive1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA 120 2.5" SSD, (upto 560MB/sR | 540MB/sW)
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Memory Card ReaderNONE
Power SupplyCORSAIR 750W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingCorsair H115i RGB PLATINUM Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
LED Lighting2x 50cm RGB LED Strip
Extra Case Fans3x Corsair LL120 RGB LED Fan + Controller Kit
Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired NetworkingWIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating SystemNO OPERATING SYSTEM REQUIRED

That's the final build. The only upgrades to come up in near future would be the new GPU from AMD and a new 1440p monitor with it as well, and that should be done I think. Also I would try and get an M2 SSD Gen 4 , will that fit into the new build or does it need something extra to fit in? Thanks. I mean if I can buy it whenever and put it in myself. Cheers guys!

robin h 25

I would drop the 3 extra RGB fans, as the case doesn't have room for them, unless you're wanting to replace the front 3 RGB fans with... another 3 RGB fans, which doesn't make sense,

However, if you're after those LL120 RGB fans, why not go for a case that already has them installed like the CORSAIR ICUE 465X RGB GAMING CASE, ( i'm not sure about the airflow in the case, as that's something that i don't know )

The way i see it is..
CORSAIR ICUE 220T RGB AIRFLOW MID TOWER GAMING CASE + 3 extra LL120 RGB fans, £65 for the case and £57 for the fans = £122,

CORSAIR ICUE 465X RGB GAMING CASE that already has 3 LL120 RGB fans installed is £94,
a small saving if its LL120 RGB fans that you're particularly after.

No one should be looking at getting a whole new PC that's only around 2 years old, some upgrades sure, but a whole new PC is a little crazy.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Agree with above. You will have 2 RGB fans with the CPU cooler plus the ones on the case. There is no need for any extra fans.

Also agree with the advice regarding the PC in its entirety.

Hi guys, in regards to this new AMD Radeon GPU card, do we know roughly like how much will it cost? For example for like the 8GB version of it? Would it be around the £400 mark? Same like the 5700 XT ? Is that the reason you suggested not to get the 5700 XT and wait? Thanks, let me know.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi guys, in regards to this new AMD Radeon GPU card, do we know roughly like how much will it cost? For example for like the 8GB version of it? Would it be around the £400 mark? Same like the 5700 XT ? Is that the reason you suggested not to get the 5700 XT and wait? Thanks, let me know.
With each generation you get a performance jump, normally about 20%, so normally the 4770xt is replaced by the 5670XT and so on. And hence the price reduces for equivalent performance (but more features).

This upcoming generation the evidence points toward a 40% increase. So the gains are going to be much larger. So paying for 5770XT now at £400 for 1440p 144Hz will probably equate to 4k 80hz in a month or two.