My new laptop is performing poorly...

jasfar

Hello, I'm not sure if this is the best place to whinge about stuff, correct me if I'm wrong.

I just bought a custom built laptop from the "Vyper" range. It has an RTX 2070, i7-10875h, 16 GB RAM and a 1TB SSD. Sounds pretty powerful right? I did a lil research on how this sort of build should perform in some of my favourite games (CoD Warzone and League of legends). They perform very well in tandem together, and given the settings are lowered, should provide above 144 FPS (to take advantage of the chosen 144hz screen. I know laptop hardware doesn't perform quite as well as desktop counter parts, but it should be a lot better than what I'm getting!

I'm getting 40-50 FPS on the lowest settings in warzone, which is way under what I was expecting! Not very smooth at all! On league of legends it's the same story, I'm getting Just about 60 FPS, which is silly because I was getting better on my old computer using integrated graphics!

I've installed all the graphics drivers necessary from Nvidia and I've made sure my computer is using the right GPU for the right software.

I'm not sure where I'm going wrong as this hardware should be out pacing these games at 1080p according to everyone else's results online.

Any advice would be appreciated.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hello, I'm not sure if this is the best place to whinge about stuff, correct me if I'm wrong.

I just bought a custom built laptop from the "Vyper" range. It has an RTX 2070, i7-10875h, 16 GB RAM and a 1TB SSD. Sounds pretty powerful right? I did a lil research on how this sort of build should perform in some of my favourite games (CoD Warzone and League of legends). They perform very well in tandem together, and given the settings are lowered, should provide above 144 FPS (to take advantage of the chosen 144hz screen. I know laptop hardware doesn't perform quite as well as desktop counter parts, but it should be a lot better than what I'm getting!

I'm getting 40-50 FPS on the lowest settings in warzone, which is way under what I was expecting! Not very smooth at all! On league of legends it's the same story, I'm getting Just about 60 FPS, which is silly because I was getting better on my old computer using integrated graphics!

I've installed all the graphics drivers necessary from Nvidia and I've made sure my computer is using the right GPU for the right software.

I'm not sure where I'm going wrong as this hardware should be out pacing these games at 1080p according to everyone else's results online.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Did you order with windows or install your own?

jasfar

May seem like a stupid and obvious question so I apologise but sometimes people miss it: Have you run WIndows Update and kept running it till there are no more updates? I only ask as sometimes people don't realise it needs updating out of the box and get poor performance till it gets updated.
I am updated to the latest version, thanks.