My new PC keeps crashing whilst playing games

mattj123

Got my new PC a couple weeks ago and its been working well. However, on some games (such as Overwatch 2 and Fortnite) the game unexpectedly crashes. The PC does not crash, only the game. I get a pop-up saying 'This game has crashed' and reload the game and works fine just to crash again. When I load into games I'm lagging. I've also noticed when I move around a lot in games my GPU % is very high (high 90s).

I'm wondering if anyone has had similar issues in the past and if there is anything I could do to fix it.

My parts list if it helps:

CaseFRACTAL NORTH TG GAMING CASE (WHITE)
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Six Core CPU (3.5GHz-4.4GHz/35MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardGIGABYTE B550 GAMING X V2 (AM4, DDR4, PCIe 4.0)
Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card8GB AMD RADEON™ RX 6650 XT - HDMI, DP - DX® 12
1st M.2 SSD Drive1TB SOLIDIGM P41+ GEN 4 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (up to 4125MB/sR, 2950MB/sW)
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 650W CV SERIES™ CV-650 POWER SUPPLY
Power Cable1 x 1.5 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingPCS FrostFlow 150 Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Extra Case Fans2 x 120mm Black Case Fan
Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
Wireless Network CardWIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating SystemWindows 11 Home 64 Bit
Operating System LanguageUnited Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery MediaWindows 10/11 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office SoftwareFREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-VirusNO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
BrowserGoogle Chrome™
Warranty3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
DeliverySTANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)

Last edited:

mattj123

1703283815878.png

Also, I was fiddling around with some performance settings on the AMD software and when I turned on a limited FPS option, the games didn't crash. They were working fine on a lower FPS.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
And if you could do the following:

open the Control Panel and clicked on Programs>Uninstall a program and then choose how you want to view them

Choose View>List.

Then take a screenshot and upload it

mattj123

The games seem to be working fine now - no crashes or anything.

Here is the screenshot:

1703342446174.png

I also have another query - when I turn on my PC, I notice there is 1 long beep and 3 short beeps. The PC works fine and I assumed the beeps were normal until I searched it up and discovered it meant something was wrong... I've had a look at some of the forums and they say it is because the GPU is not detected. (Maybe that is why I was crashing on games?)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The games seem to be working fine now - no crashes or anything.

Here is the screenshot:

View attachment 39705

I also have another query - when I turn on my PC, I notice there is 1 long beep and 3 short beeps. The PC works fine and I assumed the beeps were normal until I searched it up and discovered it meant something was wrong... I've had a look at some of the forums and they say it is because the GPU is not detected. (Maybe that is why I was crashing on games?)
Your windows is totally borked as you've used Driver Easy, never use driver optimisers, they WILL kill the OS

You'd need to clean install.

Once you've clean installed, DON'T install Razer Synapse, Norton or EasyTune as they're all known to cause instability and mess up general performance.

The beep codes at boot is likely a false positive, try powering on the monitor before booting and it should stop.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Sorry, how do I 'clean install'?
Download a new copy of Windows using the (Second option on linked page) to an 8GB (min) USB. Media Creation Tool
Boot that USB and choose a Custom Install.
Delete all UEFI partitions on the system drive (EFI System, Recovery, MSR Reserved, Primary).
Select the unallocated space that results and click the Next button. The installer will create the correct partitions and install Windows.
Run Windows Update repeatedly, even across reboots, until no more updates are found.
You may need/want to download and install the latest graphics driver from the Nvidia/AMD website (they change so regularly the latest version isn't always in the Windows libraries).

This is also worth a watch