My new PC with Pictures :)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
well to be fair, i wanted the distro plate in the front, not on the side, but that was not an option.
With front distro plate i would have 3 extra side fans for extra airflow and cooling, which would definitely bring temps down further. But no temps at the moment are out of control, so i dont care :D they are well within working sheet spec
I really like the distro plate side mounted, makes it more of a showcase, and that is a lovely distro plate!

loso64

speaking of the distro plate, there was soooooooo much air in the loop not bleeded out properly...
When i got the PC the liquid was all the way to the brim in the plate.
I have shaked and moved the pc around a lot and now the liquid in the plate is good 5-6CM lower, the liquid level is now between the two CPU pipes

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
speaking of the distro plate, there was soooooooo much air in the loop not bleeded out properly...
When i got the PC the liquid was all the way to the brim in the plate.
I have shaked and moved the pc around a lot and now the liquid in the plate is good 5-6CM lower, the liquid level is now between the two CPU pipes
That’s normal after shipping, will take a week or so to fully settle.

I just saw you got the ASUS Strix as well! Damn fine!

loso64

God, you really did go all out on this, but definitely the best way to do it with a closed loop build.

It’s lovely!
technically this is what is called open loop not closed :D Closed loop is AIO, because you cant open it and change parts or add liquid.

but yes, originally it was suppose to be 3080, but then due to the queue and wait times i was like, nah 3090 it is, then i went for strix as i was like, this gonna be watercooled allowing for big performance, might as well go for a card with good overclocking potential.
But at the end i managed to switch to 3080TI just in time before going to building, just to save some money, considering the performance is pretty much the same. And for ultra wide 1440p gaming i dont need 24gb VRAM.

I specifically wanted to pay the premium strix tax on any card i was grabbing, because in my eyes the parts and overclocking potential is worth it. On top of that the default bios coming with this cards has much higher wattage allowance. 380W vs 450, and i did see the card going all the way to 430W when gaming and that was not even fully maxed out yet.

scarpa1

Enthusiast
i think i will replace the fans later though, i don't really like the look of them and they have this unpleasant rumble to them. Will find some nicer and more silent fans, maybe the corsairs 120s

The pictures don't give justice to how pretty the build is though, as the camera does not catch the colors as well.
In regards to your fans.
If so I have a similar set up to yours, same case cooling etc.

What I'm noticing though is your fans on the bottom and the rear one are set up differently to mine, basically mine are the other way up so you can't see the black safety bits or whatever they are on the bottom fans but then I can see them on my rear fan.
I've put a pic on so you can see.

Can't see your top ones.

So which way should they be? Ive had mine for around 8 months now, temps are fine etc. but now I'm wondering if mine are right.

20201127_004745.jpg

loso64

In regards to your fans.
If so I have a similar set up to yours, same case cooling etc.

What I'm noticing though is your fans on the bottom and the rear one are set up differently to mine, basically mine are the other way up so you can't see the black safety bits or whatever they are on the bottom fans but then I can see them on my rear fan.
I've put a pic on so you can see.

Can't see your top ones.

So which way should they be? Ive had mine for around 8 months now, temps are fine etc. but now I'm wondering if mine are right.

View attachment 28044
the flow goes towards the black part, so your bottom one blow out, your back one blow in. mine do the opposite

also there is no wrong or right, one give you bit better temps for cpu and gpu, the other gives you better temps for other components inside. One combats dust bit more, the other promotes dust build up.

scarpa1

Enthusiast
the flow goes towards the black part, so your bottom one blow out, your back one blow in. mine do the opposite

also there is no wrong or right, one give you bit better temps for cpu and gpu, the other gives you better temps for other components inside. One combats dust bit more, the other promotes dust build up.
What are your top fans doing?

Mine are the same as the bottom so that means only 1 fan is bringing air in and 6 blowing out.

My temps seem very good, GPU especially which rarely goes above 50c during gaming and any Timespy stuff its in the 40's, even high 30's in cooler months.
The room my PC is in does get extremely warm though in the summer, like really warm, or should I say hot, low 30's and it holds the heat all day and night so perhaps having less intake fans is helping rather than dragging basically hot air in from my room.

I can see myself messing about with them soon, see if it makes any difference.

loso64

Mine are the same as the bottom so that means only 1 fan is bringing air in and 6 blowing out.

My temps seem very good, GPU especially which rarely goes above 50c during gaming and any Timespy stuff its in the 40's, even high 30's in cooler months.
The room my PC is in does get extremely warm though in the summer, like really warm, or should I say hot, low 30's and it holds the heat all day and night so perhaps having less intake fans is helping rather than dragging basically hot air in from my room.

Mine are top and bottom as intake, what hardware you have? 5900x and 3080ti strix?
I may try to swap mine, but currently they are forcing airflow in the case which is good for the board, power delivery etc

scarpa1

Enthusiast
Mine are top and bottom as intake, what hardware you have? 5900x and 3080ti strix?
I may try to swap mine, but currently they are forcing airflow in the case which is good for the board, power delivery etc
5900x and just the 3080 Strix

The temps are little bit on the higher side, but that could be just what i think because i never had AMD before and the newest hardware runs hotter than old hardware i am used to.

Anyway while idle:
Asus Strix 3080TI sits at 40-42 degrees
AMD 5900x sits at 46-55 degrees
RAM sits around 45-50 degrees
Samsung 980 pro 1tb OS ssd sits at 50-55 degree
Samsung 980 pro 2tb sits at around 45-50 degree

when the system is in use while gaming. Internal parts tends to jump around 5 degree higher.
GPU sits at around 60 degree
CPU around 65 degree

I like to keep it silent, so the fans are never reaching over 75% speeds, unless heat going seriously up.
The second reason why temps might appear on the higher side is that both radiators are intake, back fan out. This is on my own request as i want positive pressure and in the end i decided that the little bit difference of temps internally is worth it compared to dust and sucking it hot air from inside the case to cool the radiators.

But as i said, this is my first AMD, it is 12 core, it is my first water-cooling too. PBO is enabled.
As for GPU this thing consumes whopping 420W of power while gaming, higher temps are expected in my opinion. But the temps are well in control, adequately cool and most importantly dead silent
Thats pritty dam impressive :)

loso64

Thats pritty dam impressive :)
I am not sure how good it is compared to others. Especially since people like to exaggerate or not pay as much attention to it and just guess.

But considering all the power inside, I am not surprised by the temps. PBO on AMD will make it always run as hot as possible. And the gpu is 450W of power, which is like triple of old one xD

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo

I would change that personally. I would have the top down as the intake and the bottom out as the exhaust. This would create a slightly positive pressure in most instances which would be favourable to get rid of dust.

scarpa1

Enthusiast
I would change that personally. I would have the top down as the intake and the bottom out as the exhaust. This would create a slightly positive pressure in most instances which would be favourable to get rid of dust.
Yes I did think about this, may give it ago.
Dust isn't a problem, I'm pretty good at sticking to my once a week clean with the blower so that isn't an issue.

Though would be nice to get some more air coming into the PC.
Would you keep the rear as intake or would you swap that to exhaust so its 3 in and 4 out?

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Yes I did think about this, may give it ago.
Dust isn't a problem, I'm pretty good at sticking to my once a week clean with the blower so that isn't an issue.

Though would be nice to get some more air coming into the PC.
Would you keep the rear as intake or would you swap that to exhaust so its 3 in and 4 out?
I would leave the rear as an intake, it gets everything flowing in and down past the GPU etc. Should help with MB temps too.

loso64

I would leave the rear as an intake, it gets everything flowing in and down past the GPU etc. Should help with MB temps too.
my setup is both top and bottom as intake and back fan as out. I just did a bunch of stress testing / benchmarking on the gpu as i am tweaking the fan curve of the whole system.

But my gpu stays around 57 degree fully loaded, with highest point for split seconds of 62 degree. The memory is at 60-62 degree and hotspot reported by HWinfo is 65 degree. So mega happy with those results, especially since i heard that this 3k series GPU tend to get veeeery hot memories.

CPU stays usually around 65-68 degree, with highest point for split seconds of 73 degree. So not bad either.

Lowest temps at idle and after it cooldown reached 30degree for gpu and 40 degree for cpu. With cpu being usually around 45-50 at idles while browsing etc. Fan curve is set to low 40% all the way up to 55 degree, where it ramps up fast to 85% at 65-70 degree (forgot exact value). With this setup the pc is dead silent most of the time and at high gaming it gives nice cooling thanks to very aggressive curve, still stays relatively silent, especially if there sound on from speakers.

This temps are for a system with PBO enabled and GPU overclocked.

Last edited:

Insane.Pringle

Enthusiast
The O11 Dynamic is my case but with a lot more focus on air circulation and overall better cooling throughout.

Aw.... i like that case.... although loso64's caseis just as good :) its a pity my order is in testing otherwise i'd see if i could upgrade the case on mine.. oh well..... in 5 years time hopefully ill remember! lol

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
So you guys wanted some pictures, here are some pictures of the build.
Been trying the machine in few games and it runs beautifully, tho i had to go to bios and tweak the fan and especially pump curve.
Having pump on 100% performance all the time is a sure way how to burn it quickly.

ps. yes i know cable management is not done, cant be bothered currently. please forgive me for i have sinned @AgentCooper

View attachment 28040

View attachment 28041

View attachment 28042
Damn! This looks amazing