My new PC

NMEBowen

Master Poster
ok then heres what i would do 1st swap the rear exhast around as a intake if your adding the top fan as a exhast check the temps then if this hasnt dropped your temps enough invest in some 100mm antec spot cools maybe 2 and connect them as close as possible to the gpu then focus them to intake air from the frount 200m and rear 120mm to blow air on your gpu this should greatly increase airflow inside the case and lower your gpu temps down to cool levels.

adaall

Well wouldn't the air being blown in from the rear intake fan end up being sucked straight out of the 200mm exhaust fan?

Last edited:

NMEBowen

Master Poster
are they that close together? if so yes that as an intake would be useless but i belive thats where your main problem is, your frount fan just doesnt pump enough air into your case with the hard drive bays directly in frount, i myself removed all the hard drive cages and bought a hdd bay to fit into the 5.25" bays there by opening the flow of air from the frount intake. I dont really know what else to suggest the antec spot cools would probably be your best bet.

adaall

Yes, the rear fan is directly next to where the top fan would go. Just started playing GTA:IV and the temperature peaks at around 74. And I've held my hand over the rear exhaust fan, and it seems to be blowing out cold-ish air, so I don't know what's going on :/ and the front intake fan is huge, and I only have 2 hard drives in the bay, so there should be plenty of room for air to get in :/

EDIT: I think I know why. PCS put the spare cables for the PSU at the bottom of the hard drive bay, therefore blocking airflow. I'll move them somewhere in a little bit and see if that makes a difference

NMEBowen

Master Poster
the exaust on the gpu should be actually on the rear connectors of the gpu as in little slots. once again the only thing i can recommend is the antec spot cool for cooling your gpu i have 2 and suprisingly they dont wobble or rattle when running an all round solid little fan.

adaall

Yeah, I felt there too and couldn't feel much heat, but I think it might just be the PSU cables in the way so the air can't get in from the front intake

NMEBowen

Master Poster
do the HDD bays unclip? if so maybe you could remove the top one and place your drives in the lower therefore increasing airflow.

adaall

I'm not sure. I'll have a look. Gonna move the PSU cables and have a fiddle now, see what I can do

adaall

Well, I removed the top hard drive cage and moved the hard drives to the bottom one, and moved the spare PSU cables next to the PSU, and now the temperature peaks at about 63 degrees! Pretty happy :D

EDIT: It's actually peaking at about 69 :/ didn't do much

Last edited:

NMEBowen

Master Poster
airflow will be better and a few degrees is quite alot really in terms of pc cooling glad i helped somewhat. just keep looking about at others with your case on youtube etc and im sure you will find some other good ideas.

adaall

Well just checked my temperatures again, and they're back to 73 degrees. Why that didn't do anything I don't know, because there's a huge open space for air to get onto the damn graphics card :/ but I'll have a look around

Corfate

Author Level
I don't see any problem with the GPU Temp being 73. Afterall, it's designed to withstand those temperatures. If it was 80+, then yeah, you have cause to be concerned, but at 73, i wouldn't worry :) GTA Is quite an intensive game with all the shadowing etc :)

NMEBowen

Master Poster
haha check this cooling mod out.....

[video=youtube;tMrXcuC5Yfg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMrXcuC5Yfg[/video]

adaall

Yeah, saw that guy when I was researching what case to have, and it's kinda insane. I won't be going that far ;)

adaall

Now from AI Suite II, I got a warning saying my motherboard has reached 117 degrees, and HWMonitor and HWInfo say the same, but I put my hand over the exhaust fan and not much heat, and I took the side panel off and it's the same, not much heat, but when I took the side panel off, the temperature readings went down. What's going on with my PC :/

tom_gr7

Life Serving
If ya mobo was at 117c then im sure it would just shut down. I dont trust hwmonitor, but do trust asus probe II. Can you post screenies of probe II showing these temps? Also use gpu-z for gpu temps.

But my guess is there aint enough cool air getting into the pc.

vmagic

looked online... 65-75degrees seems to be the normal 560ti load temp so wouldn't worry

wouldn't actually worry about GPU temps until they crawl past 85 tbh